Discussion Board

Smart Installer: To publish in OVI must install drive be selectable ? If so how ?

I submitted an app to OVI developed with Qt Creator, Qt 6.3 and using Smart Installer V1.1. With previous apps, there was no problem. This time it failed because the drive was not selectable on installation. I thought this was not possible with the Smart Installer. Has something changed, and how does one get around the problem ? I would be thankful for any advice - Nick.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Smart Installer: To publish in OVI must install drive be selectable ? If so how ?

did you reas any older posts, like : http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...lls-onto-C-WTF already

Re: Smart Installer: To publish in OVI must install drive be selectable ? If so how ?

I usually have the same problem. I have to manually edit the app_installer.pkg file, but it would be nice if the qmake autogenerated pkg file would automatically be generated with "!:\private\2002CCCE\import\app.sis" instead of "c:\private\2002CCCE\import\app.sis"
    Is there something we can do about it in the pro.file, or in some other place ? Some example ?

Nokia Developer Moderator

What SDK version are you using, and which target. In my recent tests the generated wrapper package uses "!:\"
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

I just test it with the brand new SDK version 1.1.4. If I choose Qt 4.6.3 S^1 toolchain with creates "c:\..." but with S60 5ed toolchain with creates "!:\..." I was chosinh the first for greater compatiblity.