Discussion Board

How to determine S40 Touch and Type phone and keypad phone ?

Dear all
    I'm developing an universal j2me Type and Touch & keypad phone.
    Could you show how to determine whether if phone is kind of Touch and Type or not.

I know Object C supports function NSClassFromString to check a class exist or not. Is there any similar function in J2ME ?

Thank you.

Super Contributor

Re: How to determine S40 Touch and Type phone and keypad phone ?

If you are looking to find out whether your target device is of Series 40 T&T platform, you can check in the Devices specifications section https://www.developer.nokia.com/Devi...s/?filter1=s40

If you want to find whether device is a Series 40 T&T device during runtime, you can check T&T API's are available in the device using system properties that can be retrieved by using the System.getProperty().

For eg : com.nokia.mid.ui.frameanimator.fps efault platform value for maximum frames per second (fps). This can be used when specifying the maximum fps for a linear drag or kinetic scroll animation.
    com.nokia.mid.ui.frameanimator.pps : Default platform value for maximum pixels per second (pps). This can be used when specifying the maximum pps for a kinetic scroll animation.

These are from FrameAnimator API http://library.developer.nokia.com/t...86BBCA6FD.html

I have tried this with a sample app and in T&T devices, it returnd fps and pps values and in non T&T devices it returned 'null'.

Regards
    Gopal

Re: How to determine S40 Touch and Type phone and keypad phone ?

Thank balagopalks for your sollutions. This way is great but it does not work for all S60 Touch screens.
    Currently, S40 Touch and Type is limited so, there is several way to do that but i want to find out universal way to recognize all Touch devices.
    I will share it to this thread when find out.
    Thank again.