Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Symbian Account verification problem

Hello All,
    Before One month ago I have successfully verified my Symbian account using my .CER and .KEY.And I have successfully uploaded a application for Symbian sign.
    But Now it again show unverified account and when I used my certificate and key for verifying my account it shows Failed to verify Publisher ID due to certificate validation error .

What can i do for again verify my account
    Last edited by jsscb; 2011-08-16 at 13:32.
    Thanks & Regards
    Chandra Bhushan Singh
    Adore Infotech Pvt. Ltd.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Symbian Account verification problem

What certificate did you use for signing the sis ? they do say that you should use publicer ID signed sis file, i.e. not developer certificate signed, but the one that you would actually supply if you would do signing yourself with symbian signed.

Regular Contributor

Hello yucca,
    I have used my publisher ID( Certificate and key) . I take a fresh SIS file and sign with the publisher ID ( Certificate and key).
    I used that SIS file for verifying my account. But it shows "Failed to verify Publisher ID due to certificate validation error" .
    Thanks & Regards
    Chandra Bhushan Singh
    Adore Infotech Pvt. Ltd.

then I would not know, I basically just verified one accout last week, used one sis that was used earlier for submitting an app for signing. it went without any problems.

Hi there
    I am new to Symbian
    In the instructions link on this site they say you should use the "provided" sis file and sign it with your publisher ID in order to verify your account. Where do I find this "Provided" Sis. file???

It is not 'should' but 'can', at least in the documentation (http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ng_the_account, if the site still looks like the screenshot, that blue SIS text seems to be a link). Otherwise instead of reviving other discussions (like this one), you could continue the one you have revived earlier, http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ng-certificate