Discussion Board

Exclamation Few more broken things since Anna

As many of us I just upgraded both E7 and N8 to Anna.
    Overall impression is good however I'm having some problems with broken view tabs in apps.
    So far I could not reproduce the problem on N8 but it is very obvious on E7.

Most of my apps developed using Carbide.C++ UI designer are showing the problem. If your app shows two tabs at some point it is not possible to switch to the second tab using the touch screen you need to use the arrows from the keyboard instead. Simply tapping the tab makes it flash and gives the tactile feedback but you remain on the first tab. I can reproduce it using my Panic Observer app. An app like Y-Tasks is also having that same problem.

PS unrelated:
    Also the EDWIN control is quite broken too but it was already broken in S^3 if not before. (or maybe it's the rich text editor or something like that). EDWIN input with both physical and virtual keyboard will lag terribly if you have a few tens of lines in your document. Quickoffice is showing this problem which is a bit sad for a text editor. An app like Lightnotepad also has that problem. However the built-in Notes application does not. I guess it is using another control.
    Last edited by lenclud; 2011-09-09 at 14:10.

Re: Few more broken things since Anna

The issue is related to the presence of a search field in your view. Say if your view is a list box with a search field it is very likely that you won't be able to tab away from it using the touch screen. Sometimes tapping another tabs even brings up the special character input dialog the one that usually comes up when using the 'sym' key. Seriously tab and views with search field are a common feature in many apps out there. You guys ought to fix this it is a bad bad regression. I hope it only affects the E7. Hard to believe things like that don't get picked up before release.
    Last edited by lenclud; 2011-09-09 at 14:11.

Nobody experiencing this problem?
    Does it get fix if I reset my phone? Hard to believe.

Unfortunately this was not fixed with E7 25.007 firmware. Talking with other users they have experience the same problem with many apps out there.

If I recall well some E6 users were also affected. Don't have one myself.
    Sad to see Symbian Anna with Service Pack is still suffering from that bug. As anyone at Nokia actually ever bothered reporting it? Makes you wonder...
    It seems somewhat better though since the service pack. If I recall well before the SP it was at times also happening when the keyboard was closed. Now when the keyboard is closed everything works fine on E7.
    I wonder how it is on E6.

To workaround it I tried to play around with the focus of some of the controls, tabs, search field, list box but without luck.