Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

How to Exit the applicatiooon automatically?

Experts,

I'm doing Trading application. I want to logOut the apps after three minutes when the application is in pause state.

When its in pause state, I want to exit the apps. how can i do this?

Can i use timer and and timerTask in the Pause State?

suggest me ant ideas
    kumar

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to Exit the applicatiooon automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by kumar1234567 View Post
    Experts,

I'm doing Trading application. I want to logOut the apps after three minutes when the application is in pause state.

When its in pause state, I want to exit the apps. how can i do this?

Can i use timer and and timerTask in the Pause State?

suggest me ant ideas
    kumar

Which is your target device on S60, apps never go in pause mode - they are just send to background - where you can continue to run the timer, send logout request to server and call destroy app also.
    on S40 devices on which pause app method called when the app goes in paused state - you can directly call destroy app and manage the logout with the help of server side time out for authenticated token or the session key which you expire after 3 or 4 mins if the server does not get any new request with the token within every 5 mins or so.... based on your settings.
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps

Regular Contributor

Thanks for your help, I don't want to send logout request to the server, if its goes to the paused state i want to exit the application. Right now, i using s40 device.

Ques is, How I can exit the apps? In my apps, we don't send the logout request. so, I directly call destropApps by using timer for three minutes in pauseApp() method?

Nokia Developer Champion

Thanks for your help, I don't want to send logout request to the server, if its goes to the paused state i want to exit the application. Right now, i using s40 device.

Ques is, How I can exit the apps? In my apps, we don't send the logout request. so, I directly call destropApps by using timer for three minutes in pauseApp() method?
    On S40 - timer may not work in pause state on some device hence you will need to directly call destropApps when you come in pauseApp()
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by im2amit View Post
    Which is your target device on S60, apps never go in pause mode - they are just send to background - where you can continue to run the timer, send logout request to server and call destroy app also.
    Thanks for your reply,

If it is s60 device, How can i identify that it goes to background and where(Method) i can find that? Could you please explain more in detail?

Nokia Developer Champion

Thanks for your reply,

If it is s60 device, How can i identify that it goes to background and where(Method) i can find that? Could you please explain more in detail?
    On S60, when the app goes in background you get a call you get a call in hideNotify() method of your Canvas class.

protected void hideNotify()
    The implementation calls hideNotify() shortly after the Canvas has been removed from the display. Canvas subclasses may override this method in order to pause animations, revoke timers, etc. The default implementation of this method in class Canvas is empty.

In your implementation of hideNotify(), you can start a timer and when the timer is finished just exit the app.
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh