Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

RDA very unresponsive?

Can anyone else confirm RDA is highly unresponsive right now, also with minimal graphics quality?

Touch actions barely register and changing graphics quality takes forever, if it manages to finish at all.

I tried various Symbian Anna phones such as X7, E7, C7. A 5800 or two seemed to fare a little better, but also these would get stuck for long periods when trying to change graphics quality.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: RDA very unresponsive?

basically I would suppose the responsivness depends heavily on the network speed, thus if there is high usage on any parts of the network that you are going through, you could experience the RDA being slow.

Regular Contributor

Turns out it's the ISP's traffic shaping/blocking. Hurray to net neutrality.
    Last edited by ehudshapira; 2011-09-12 at 15:44.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ehudshapira View Post
    Turns out it's the ISP's traffic shaping/blocking. Hurray to net neutrality.
    I was personally on holiday last week, but based on the info I got from my backup person is that there were a few problems on RDA side as well that may have caused temporary freezing (buggy server update, that was then rolled back). I'll try to keep my eye on the subject now.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info. If it was during the same time period maybe the server was a contributing factor, but the ISP definitely was a major influence as well, as using a different ISP solved the problem.