Discussion Board

My free Nokia Store apps being pirated all over the web?

Not that I'm particularly bothered as I released it as a free app, I'm just glad thousands of people appreciate my work on the official store.

The one thing that does bother me though is the file size on the warez sites is all over the place, from the original size to way larger than I packaged it. I haven't dared try any of the pirated files on my phone!!!!

My question is what are they doing to the original file? The release including the installer was about 66Kb, I've seen some up to 247Kb on some arabic sites????

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: My free Nokia Store apps being pirated all over the web?

Hi DrZ,
    Sorry to hear that.
    My question is what are they doing to the original file?? The release including the installer was about 66Kb, I've seen some up to 247Kb on some arabic sites????
    I suggest you to take that sis file from that warez site, download this tool 'siscontent' and look inside the sis file to find out that what are the files that hacker added to it. Sometimes, they just add a wav or mp3 or may be a dummy file to it to make it look bigger to differentiate from orignal version or may be to prove their abilities . May be the same is the case with yours file.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Hello
    I have the same problem, advised me to pack my nokia apliaciones with DRM software, with this procedure, the "hackers" will have more problems in your application to sell illegally.

TokApps

Interesting ... I didn't know you could unpack a SIS, or that they'd go through so much trouble.

I suspect they're repackaging it with something nasty, and I'm certainly not going to try out one of their files on my phone!!!!!

It's a shame, but I guess whatever security you put in place, someone will crack it.