Discussion Board

ffmpeg / multimedia toolchain for Meego/Harmattan1.2

Hi,

I've just started work on building OpenCV for Meego/Harmattan1.2, but obviously it depends on ffmpeg and a bunch of other multimedia-oriented libraries, most of which don't seem to be built for this platform.

For example, between just OpenCV and ffmpeg I get the following dependencies:

libavcodec-dev (>= 0.svn20080206) libavformat-dev libswscale-dev libgtk2.0-dev libjasper-dev libjpeg62-dev libpng12-dev libtiff4-dev libraw1394-dev libdc1394-22-dev liblapack-dev python-dev swig python-support (>= 0.4.1) python-numpy texlive-fonts-extra texlive-latex-extra texlive-latex-recommended latex-xcolor texlive-fonts-recommended

libasound2-dev libbz2-dev libdc1394-22-dev libdirac-dev libfaad-dev | libfaad2-dev libfreetype6-dev libgsm1-dev libimlib2-dev libopenjpeg-dev libraw1394-dev libschroedinger-dev libsdl1.2-dev libspeex-dev libtheora-dev (>> 0.0.0.alpha4) libvorbis-dev libxfixes-dev libvdpau-dev libxvmc-dev texi2html yasm doxygen

I'm not expecting anyone else to build them, in fact I'm totally fine with diving down the dependency rabbit hole but is there any better method for finding out what work has already been done other than looking in the H:R:H repository?

It's a real shame there is no official extras repository and build system like Maemo has, but I guess this may come in time.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: ffmpeg / multimedia toolchain for Meego/Harmattan1.2

it seems apps.formeego.com will be something of the sorts (Extras), but it is not yet operational. On the other hand, the list of packages seems fairly overblown - at least some of those package requirements should be trimmed down (tex/doxygen ? do you want the python bindings ?)

Yes, I will try to pare it down as much as possible if there are unneeded features, but I explicitly DO want the python bindings.

I've just discovered a wealth of packages already built at http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/pool/harmattan-beta/ but this repository does not seem to have the full metadata (i.e. dists directory). It would save me a lot of time just adding this repository.

Does anybody know who maintains it and what the plan is for this set of packages? And I guess even more importantly, where they have come from?

Super Contributor

Hi,
    Nokia owns that repository, you can see all packages names have a +0m6 suffix which means they have been build by Harmattan Nokia's build server.
    For more information about that repository you could contact: Soumya [1]

[1] http://maemo.org/profile/view/bijjal/

Thanks, I will contact her.
    Last edited by ohookins; 2011-09-13 at 19:11.