Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question Chinese Mobile Development

Hi All,

I have developed applications for Nokia mobiles using J2me programming. Now, what i need to know is there any sdk or tool in the market through which i can develop applications for Chinese Mobiles.

And what type of language should i use to develop applications on Chinese Mobile.

Waiting for the replies from the experts too.

Regards
    Rajan
    Regards
    Rajan Verma

Super Contributor

Re: Chinese Mobile Development

For Nokia's models sold in China, depending on the platform (Series 40, Symbian/S60), you use the same tools that you'd use for phones outside China (they're mostly the same phones anyway).

So, if you've use J2ME, you can continue to use J2ME at least in the case of Nokia.

What you need with other manufacturer's phones depends on which manufacturer's phones you're planning on targeting.

Regular Contributor

I am asking about MTK platform for chinese mobile development.
    Regards
    Rajan Verma

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by rajan701v View Post
    I am asking about MTK platform for chinese mobile development.
    As far as I know, Nokia has no phones with this "MTK platform", so you might be better off searching for some other, more suitable discussion forums about development for phones using this platform.

You might also want to try Google, or some other internet search engine. A quick 10-15 seconds on Google found, e.g., this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7...cleus-rtos-mtk

MediaTek MAUI (MTK) offers J2ME and you could use any J2ME SDK you like. Of course you do not get on-device debugging (ODD) this way. Did that help? I am not sure, I understand your question, yet. Please, try again!