Discussion Board

Nokia Browser fails from Ovi Store

Hi Guys,

Our 1st S40 Webapp has just been published in Ovi Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/195911

There is a serious issue in Ovi. After you download the app, and try to launch it says:
    "Ovi Browser not found in your phone. Download from store?"

If you click no, the bible app refuses to open.

If you say yes, it downloads and installs ovi browser but the bible app still tries to opens then closes with out working.

we used the Nokia Browser to test our app during development - which is what the Ovi Browser became. The link tries to download v1.0.2 of the Nokia Browser. We are running v1.0.3 of the Nokia Browser on our handsets, yet the app does not detect that the browser is installed on the handset.

Your J2ME Web App bootstrapper seems to be trying to load the Ovi Browser when that browser has been supplanted by the Nokia Browser

Please help urgently. Have also emailed ovi support.

Anyone else having this issue when publishing? Is there a bypass?

Thanx

SimonB

Re: Nokia Browser fails from Ovi Store

If I restart my handset and try to open the app, I get this message.

error message: "class not found java/lang/ClassNotFoundException net/nokia/webapps/Launcher"

When we examined the jad file and the files in the jar file. It seems to be as simple as changing one line of text in the application's manifest file:
    Midlet-Name-To-Launch: OviBrowser

Is obviously wrong. You cannot change it yourself though as the application is signed and becomes invalid

Lets hope nokia fixes soon.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hi Simon,
    Sorry about the hassle.

Which device and firmware are you running? (*#0000# gets you the firmware)

The app launcher tries to download and run the 'production' version of the browser, whereas your 1.0.3.x version points to a different server environment.
    That being said, it sounds like there is some issue with the launcher not being able to run the 1.0.2.x version of the browser.

I know this is a lot to ask, but could you try manually removing both versions of the browser + the bible app and try downloading and running it once more n a fresh device?

thanks,
    Petro
    'petro
    @petrosoininen

Hi Petro,

Uninstalling the Nokia Browser and the Web App then Installing the web app from OVI and following the instructions to install the Ovi Browser worked. You get Nokia Browser version 1.0.2 though and had a newer version (1.0.3) before. This on an X3-02.

What is the correct Nokia Browser to develop with? The beta version 1.0.3 or the released version 1.0.2?

Thanks,
    Stephen
    Last edited by sperelson; 2011-09-17 at 20:50. Reason: Modified to show Nokia Browser and phone versions

Hi Petro,

Uninstalling the Nokia Browser and the Web App then Installing the web app from OVI and following the instructions to install the Ovi Browser worked on the X3 test handset but failed on the C3-00 handset.
    I have tried a few times with no luck. Seems the C3-00 has issues all around because when going through QA, the QA team also failed the app because of issues on C3-00.

C3-00
    V07.20
    20/10/10
    RM-614
    Variant: 00.00

Thank you for your help. Hope we can find a fix to this bug.