Discussion Board

landscape mode by default on n950

hi

I am trying to develop a Qt/QML application on N950 Meego Harmattan, I have created the application hello world to start using wizard and selected restrict to portrait mode in wizard, but when i run the application on QEMU for Meego on QtSDK 1.3 , the application runs in landscape mode only , I have seen code nowhere there is a call to setOrientation function , I have tried calling this function myself but no luck. Also i tested this Hello world wizard generated application on device as well but it appears in landscape mode only please tell me the solution

Thanks
    Vishal

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: landscape mode by default on n950

You can set the orientation on a page level via http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...ationLock-prop or if you want to do it on an application level, take a look at http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qt-component...ml-screen.html

is the generated setScreenOrientation fucntion from mainwindows class not sufficient ? I have already called it to set the orientation to portrait in main , still do i need to specify this in design ?
    Another question is I am using wizard generated code which looks ok, and wizard generated code itself calls setOrientation function and lock to portrait still no use, it alwats appears in lanscape mode

Thanks
    Vishal

after some experiment understood that the basic QML application cant work in portrait mode and atleast i was not able to change the mode of screen with all posted and available solutions, not even by calling setOrientation method generated in class, when i created QML application using Harmattan QML component there is no such issue, does this means the Symbian QML app needs some wrapper to like Page and PageStackWindow to run on N9 ?