Discussion Board

Red face Invalid UID , how to get one? Newbie here!

Hello Folks, a newbie publisher here!

First, YES I HAVE BEEN ALREADY SEARCHING FOR THE ANSWER!! But didn't found a good one.

Anyone here can explain me WHAT IS A UID number and how I can get one?

Any app I've tried to publish, gave me this error:

"SUMMARY: The application includes a UID not assigned to the publisher by Nokia. Our processes for signing content requires the UID displayed in the application to match a UID assigned to the publisher by Nokia."

I know you guys know the anwer. Thanks a LOT

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Invalid UID , how to get one? Newbie here!

How did you do the applications ? basically Unique ID are numbers usually shown in hexadecimal format that are reserved from Symbian signed by the developer or if the publicer does the signigns, then by publicer. Also if you don't know about UIDs, I would suspect you also have loads of other things you are not aware, thus would stringly recommend on you to read getting started documentations, and to ask in new threads when ever you have issues you are not certain,

Hi symbianyucca! thanks for the reply
    Yes that's true I am very newbie, I am doing Themes , not apps yet , ( on Carbide.ui )

There is any good link explained that or a basic documetnation on that topic? Thanks a lot folks, I've already searched but didn't found any thing so good useful..

Nokia Developer Expert

ok, that explains it.. Anyway, do check the Ovi documentations on signings, and do request for UIDs, then check the Carbide.ui, basically somewhere when you are making the installation file, it is asking about UIDs, then use the ones you got from Ovi. Note that you can use one UID for one theme only..

Also do check the plug-in requirements for Themes sold in Ovi. Different platform versions require different plug-ins to be used with the theme.

"basically somewhere when you are making the installation file, it is asking about UIDs"
    Yep that's true, I've seen that, but have a box "Automatic UID" where I always checked, but I see it doesn't create an UID.
    Anyway I will search for UID documents.. Thanks anyway

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Distr..._signing.xhtml

"For Ovi publishers creating Symbian and Java™ apps, there typically are initial investment costs such as those associated with obtaining a Publisher ID and having the apps Symbian Signed or Java Verified™. Currently, this process can take about four weeks and cost up to $215 (157 euros)"

Hmm, I only payed 1€. Is that because I don't get access to any UIDS for the Themes? (Note: I am only trying to publish THEMES not APPS!) Anyone could answer? thanks.

It's possible to get UID's with 1€ registation? Or I have to pay the 157€ to have it?

That's right folks. I did the 1€ registation, but its seem I can't get UID's to my Themes that I've done.
    I have to register the 157€ to have access to the UID's to use to my Themes to publish?

Thanks a lot.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: It's possible to get UID's with 1€ registation? Or I have to pay the 157€ to have

The 1 EUR registration to the Ovi Publisher programme is enough, using Symbian Signed would be an overkill.

According to http://www.developer.nokia.com/Distr..._signing.xhtml (Packaging and signing link from "Distribute" above), the same steps apply to Themes as to Symbian/Qt applications. According to the steps for this latter one (located close to the beginning of the page), step 3 is when Ovi e-mails you some UID-s, thus you may have to provide some IMEI number(s) first, as described in step 2. Step 3 also mentions an e-mail address.

Re: It's possible to get UID's with 1€ registation? Or I have to pay the 157€ to have

You may find this thread useful: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...g-nokia-themes.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebpt View Post
    That's right folks. I did the 1€ registation, but its seem I can't get UID's to my Themes that I've done.
    I have to register the 157€ to have access to the UID's to use to my Themes to publish?

Thanks a lot.
    To receive UIDs for packaging your application, please contact the Nokia Publish Support team at developer.support@nokia.com with your company name and we will issue these to you.

Andrew

Thanks a lot. It was very helpful.
    Thanks again.