Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Using multiple widget in the same window.

Hello everyone... i need to create a window which contains three areas !!! these are the following

1) at the top of the window i need a fixed bar which ill be the application name it should be constant and it should not change for all the windows.
    2) next to it is a scroll area in which the required fields are displayed.
    3)and at the bottom there should be tabs for navigation. when ever each tab is clicked the content in that tab should be displayed in that scroll area...

wat all the widget should i use and how to use ???? to acheive this ???? i need it in a same window.

thanks for any replies........

Re: Using multiple widget in the same window.

Quote Originally Posted by kathir.s View Post
    Hello everyone... i need to create a window which contains three areas !!! these are the following

1) at the top of the window i need a fixed bar which ill be the application name it should be constant and it should not change for all the windows.
    2) next to it is a scroll area in which the required fields are displayed.
    3)and at the bottom there should be tabs for navigation. when ever each tab is clicked the content in that tab should be displayed in that scroll area...

wat all the widget should i use and how to use ???? to acheive this ???? i need it in a same window.

thanks for any replies........
    Hello kathir.s,

1. For the top part, you can use a Qlabel and write inside it the application's name.
    2. For the scroll part, you must insert a QScrollArea and put inside it all the lists and widgets that should appear inside this scroll area.
    3. As for the navigation at the bottom, you must create 3,4... buttons. And when you click on a button, you hide all the widgets inside the QScrollArea and show the necessary widgets.

I think this is a simple way to achieve your goal.

Best regards.
    Lipos123

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by lipos123 View Post
    Hello kathir.s,

1. For the top part, you can use a Qlabel and write inside it the application's name.
    2. For the scroll part, you must insert a QScrollArea and put inside it all the lists and widgets that should appear inside this scroll area.
    3. As for the navigation at the bottom, you must create 3,4... buttons. And when you click on a button, you hide all the widgets inside the QScrollArea and show the necessary widgets.

I think this is a simple way to achieve your goal.

Best regards.
    Lipos123
    Dear Lipos,
    i tried the same as u said but the window is not drawn to the screen fully... at the top right the os specifications are visible like time, battery level, etc after that only my form starts...tats the prob im facing how to hide those os specification...??? r how to over write it with our form...

Regular Contributor

solved the problem by adding ->showfullscreen option....