Discussion Board

Post MOBILE SIM CARD APPLICATION

Dear Developers,
    Please I am working on a project and I want to know how I can integrate my application into a sim card of a network here in my country. This application will look like an Icon when a user clicks on it, then it will direct the user to the link of the application. I await your responses.

Thank you

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: MOBILE SIM CARD APPLICATION

It is not entirely clear what you mean by "integrating into a SIM card", but I would say that you need to contact the cellular operator you want to work with and partner with them.

Hartti

Nokia Developer Champion

Quite right. Ask your operator. If they have no interest in the matter, you cannot (need not) go any further. If they have interest, then they will let you know who is their SIM card manufacturer, and whose SIM Application ToolKit (SATK) you need to use for SIM apps for their SIMs, and then they'll have to do the installation of SATK apps on their SIM cards, and distribute the SIMs to their customers.

Without the operator's support, there's nothing you can do with this.

Of course, if you don't need real/active SIM cards, you can go to a SIM card manufacturer such as Gemalto, and buy/license their tools and some dummy test/development SIM cards. You just can't then deploy the app on a real network without the network owner/operator supporting you.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by sticker902 View Post
    Dear Developers,
    Please I am working on a project and I want to know how I can integrate my application into a sim card of a network here in my country. This application will look like an Icon when a user clicks on it, then it will direct the user to the link of the application. I await your responses.

Thank you
    It looks as if you want to pre-install a stub app for your full application on the device/SIM card before they reach the end customers, and then allow the customer to click on that icon to download your app if he wishs to?
    If YES, the go than you need to tie-up with the mobile OEM's not the mobile operators or distribute free memory cards with your app launcher icon on it with the new devices via mobile retail channel.
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps