Discussion Board

Lightbulb Signing procedure for testing .sis having MultimediaDD already has Publisher ID

Hello,

I am developing VoIP application having following capabilities:
    MultimediaDD,NetworkServices,LocalServices,ReadUserData,WriteUserData,UserEnvironment
    I want to test this application, hence I applied for Publisher ID and applied the certificate and key to the .sis and properly verified.

Now when I install this on my phone, I get certificate error. I disabled certificate check on the phone and still I cannot install.

Kindly advice if this is the right procedure to sign the application, or it need to be again verified by symbiansigne?. Its in development stage and I want to test it thoroughly. Kindly suggest.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Signing procedure for testing .sis having MultimediaDD already has Publisher ID

please turn your device language to english, then try installing, and then write here the excat error message shown during the failed installation attempt.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Signing procedure for testing .sis having MultimediaDD already has Publisher ID

Quote Originally Posted by Margey View Post
    ... hence I applied for Publisher ID and applied the certificate and key to the .sis and properly verified.

Now when I install this on my phone, I get certificate error ...
    Of course you do, the Publisher ID is not a certificate that the phone recognizes. You are supposed to sign your application with the Publisher ID only when sending it to Symbian Express for certification. In that case you will receive back the sis file signed with a proper certificate, which the phone recognizes as valid.

If you are not yet ready for certification you can use a developer certificate. So use your Publisher ID to verify your Symbian Account then get a developer certificate with the MultimediaDD capability assigned to it.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite