Discussion Board

Unhappy How to create a manifest file to access N950 device protected resources (i.e GPS)?

Hi every one,
    while developing a Qt application -for Meego N950 device - that uses GPS to get current position coordinates i got this error in the application output window:

DBus error:
    org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied
    Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.155" (......etc) interface="com.nokia.positioningd.client" member="registerListener" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="com.nokia.positioningd.client" (uid=29999 pid=850 comm="/usr/bin/positioningd "))

after some investigation it turn out that using GPS needs what so called special credential to be added to the manifest file:
    <request>
    <credential name="Location" />

the problem is that after creating that manifest file manually i get those errors related to that manifest file in the compile output window :

aegis-manifest: No checksum found in 'myapp.aegis'.
    aegis-manifest: The manifest file was most likely not generated by this tool.
    aegis-manifest: This file will be placed to the resulting archive as-is.
    aegis-manifest: Run 'aegis-manifest -f' to force overwrite.

First of all can anyone tell me what is that tool and how to use it ?
    secondly can anyone tell me how to run 'aegis-manifest -f' to force overwrite?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to create a manifest file to access N950 device protected resources (i.e GPS)

Where did you create that manifest file ? If the checksum is missing then there is something going wrong - if the manifest is in the right place, it should be generated automaticlly (you most definitely should not go the way of aegis-manifest -f)

Re: How to create a manifest file to access N950 device protected resources (i.e GPS)

Thanks for your kind replay.
    you are right ,the file should be created automatically so i deleted the file that i had created .
    the automatically created file:

<aegis>
    <request policy="add">
    <!-- Application accesses DBus libraries directly.
    Entries for these calls may need to be added manually. -->

<!-- /usr/lib/libQtLocation.so.1:_ZN10QtMobility22QGeoPositionInfoSource19createDefaultSourceEP7QObject -->
    <!-- /usr/lib/libQtLocation.so.1:_ZNK10QtMobility14QGeoCoordinate8latitudeEv -->
    <!-- /usr/lib/libQtLocation.so.1:_ZNK10QtMobility14QGeoCoordinate9longitudeEv -->

<for path="/opt/Myapp/bin/Myapp" />
    </request>
    </aegis>

the file was automatically created in the debian folder, but still have the same error messages

DBus error:
    org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied
    Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.275" (uid=29999 pid=8257 comm="/opt/Myapp/bin/Myapp") interface="com.nokia.positioningd.client" member="configSession" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="com.nokia.positioningd.client" (uid=29999 pid=850 comm="/usr/bin/positioningd ")):

i noticed that the same error message is repeated but this section of error differs : member="registerListener"
    member="latestPosition" -when i try to get the last known position-
    member="registerListener"

Super Contributor

Hi,
    Qt Mobility Location requires "TrackerReadAccess" and "TrackerWriteAccess" tokens, in addition to "Location", to work.
    Try to add those tokens to your manifest file and let us know if it worked for you.

Hi everyone,
    thanks for your replays.
    i added "TrackerReadAccess" and "TrackerWriteAccess" tokens to the manifest file and i got the same D bus errors in output window pluse those in compile window due to manual change in the manifest file:

aegis-manifest: No checksum match in 'Myapp.aegis'.
    aegis-manifest: The manifest contains manual edits to generated contents.
    aegis-manifest: This file will be placed to the resulting archive as-is.
    aegis-manifest: Run 'aegis-manifest -f' to force overwrite

Super Contributor

Mmmm.. it maybe need <credential name="GRP::metadata-users" /> in addition to
    <credential name="TrackerReadAccess" />
    <credential name="TrackerWriteAccess" />