Discussion Board

Symbiansigned application disallowed on Ovi Publish

I have been trying to upload and publish to the Ovi Store a signed application with UIDs from symbiansigned. I have done this twice previously, but in my latest attempt it failed QA.

This has been the feedback from Publish Support:

I understand that you previous signed your content through SymbianSigned (based
    on the report in your previous message) using the UIDs issued by them. If you
    wish to update your content or continue to use the UID issued by SymbianSigned,
    you are welcome to do so. However when you submit or update your content, you
    will need to submit through the SymbianSigned website ( which you probably did
    the first time).

Since your last QA failed report was because of a UID mismatch, that it telling
    me that you submitted your update/content through Nokia Publish? which makes
    sense since the UIDs used are Symbian Signed UIDs and Nokia Publish does not
    recognize them.

So your options are to keep the UIDs from SymbianSigned and renew your content
    through them. Or you can sign your content through Nokia Publish however, you
    will need to update your content with the UIDs that I issued you in my previous
    response and resubmit your content to us. If you choose to use Nokia Signing
    services, you are correct that you will not need to deal with SymbianSigned.

This does not make sense to me. Surely once it has been signed by Symbiansigned I should be able to publish directly in OVI without requiring new UIDs from Nokia Publish?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Symbiansigned application disallowed on Ovi Publish

Basically, that means that if you wish to use your own UID, you MUST submit fully symbian signed sis files to the Ovi store.

and if you wish to use Nokia signing, then you MUST use the UID provided by the Nokia Store.

Thus, in order to continues, please make the decision on what you want to do, and then just proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by paddawan View Post
    I have been trying to upload and publish to the Ovi Store a signed application with UIDs from symbiansigned. I have done this twice previously, but in my latest attempt it failed QA.
    Is your application already Symbian Signed? If so, are you sure that you're not accidentally selecting the Ovi Publisher signing request in your submission?

This does not make sense to me. Surely once it has been signed by Symbiansigned I should be able to publish directly in OVI without requiring new UIDs from Nokia Publish?
    Symbian Signed is supported, but it is either that or Ovi Publish, you cannot mix and match both signing options for the same application.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Thanks for the quick reply. I had submitted the fully signed sis file and hence my query and problem. I had done a dump of my signed file and it has the Symbian Signed cert in it.

then in the publish portal, go to your item, write a reply that explain this, and re-submit it to QA. Also send email identifying this incident to the publishing, and ask then to continue ASAP with the QA. QA persons are humans and definitely can make mistakes, lets hope they'll get this solved quickly.

Nokia Developer Expert

Thanks for the quick reply. I had submitted the fully signed sis file and hence my query and problem. I had done a dump of my signed file and it has the Symbian Signed cert in it.
    Hi Paddawan,

There should be no issue with uploading your Symbian Signed .sis file and it should bypass the Nokia Signing component during the QA review. Can you please send me a private message with your content item name or send an email to developer.support@nokia.com and provide me with the ticket number so I can pull the email from our system?

Thanks,
    Andrew