Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Question symbian signed and signing my application

HI,

i am signing my application using symbian signed website, and using express signed method.

so i am using 2 content ids in order to sign my application, one for the application and another one for the smart installer.

I think that I should use only 1 content id instead of 2,in order to sign my app with a smart installer package.
    What i am doing is correct ? Am i loosing 1 content id each time that i'm signing my app ? is it correct way to use 2 content ids ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Super Contributor

Re: symbian signed and signing my application

Ya, Good question,

Read this article : Signing Application

Regards,

Nokia Developer Moderator

What the page referenced above does not explicitly say is that indeed, you need to use two content IDs in order to perform the required double signing. If Ovi Publish's free signing offer is suitable for you then you should consider using it, it simplifies the process and it is also ... free.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    What the page referenced above does not explicitly say is that indeed, you need to use two content IDs in order to perform the required double signing. If Ovi Publish's free signing offer is suitable for you then you should consider using it, it simplifies the process and it is also ... free.
    I think that what you mean is to publish my application on OVI store, in which they will test it before signing it; which is not my case.
    What I need is to upload my application on my server and not OVI store.

So did I get you right or wrong ?

Best regards,
    Lipos123

Nokia Developer Moderator

Well, one of the benefits of publishing in the Ovi Store (aside for the access to a huge market) is that your application may be eligible for free signing, with the condition that the store is your only distribution channel (you can link from your site to the store if you want, of course).

So the options are clear: free vs two Content IDs/application
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite