Discussion Board

Get Server Error Message

Hi guys,

I would like to know how do I determine what line on what file generate error?
    Because, I've been tinkering the emulator and so far, I can't find how to do it.

I've 500 lines JS OAuth library from vendor that I thing generate error when included in S40 webapps. Now I'm frustrating to determine what is causing error .

Re: Get Server Error Message

*knock...knock...* anybody home?

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi,

Apologize for taking so long to answer. I have been on a sick leave for a few weeks.

Back to your question..
    I understand your frustration very well. Current version of Series 40 web apps has limited support for debugging JavaScript issues.
    Basically only option would be to implement some sort of remote logging and then modify the OAuth library code. But thinking of 500 lines of code this might be a painful process.

Br,
    Ilkka

Quote Originally Posted by isalento View Post
    Hi,

Apologize for taking so long to answer. I have been on a sick leave for a few weeks.
    I'm sorry to head that. Hope you are OK now.

Quote Originally Posted by isalento View Post
    Back to your question..
    I understand your frustration very well. Current version of Series 40 web apps has limited support for debugging JavaScript issues.
    Basically only option would be to implement some sort of remote logging and then modify the OAuth library code. But thinking of 500 lines of code this might be a painful process.
    Actually, long before you answer this, I've switched the strategy using proxy server where the bulk of the process is executed there and returned ONLY needed JSON data. I bump this question only to get official answer.