Discussion Board

MeeGo Harmattan. Incomming and outgoing calls interception.

Hello,

I need a kick-ass start to write a MeeGo deamon and a client application for it to intercept incomming (and maybe outgoing, further) calls to/from the N9 device. I want to block (filter) unwanted calls and prevent them reaching a device owner and on the contrary, let some calls reach him by passing a call on to the standard device components to handle it. So-called "blacklist" and "whitelist" application/deamon.

Am a newbee at the MeeGo field, so, please, point me at the right direction concerning the subject. I mean, where I can get the proper documentation, examples and schema of the components' interactions. Actually, I need to create a layer (inter-filter) between a component that accepts a signal from the air of an incomming call and a component that informs and interacts with a user to let him pick-up or reject that call. Also, I need to know how to bypass (let it go on) a chained interaction when "blacklist" is off.

Your help will be very appreciated.
    Thanks for every sensible advice in advance!

Arlen.

Super Contributor

Re: MeeGo Harmattan. Incomming and outgoing calls interception.

Hi,
    Except security there should not be big changes between Fremantle and Harmattan RTCOM.

There is mission control component, which manages channels and connection managers http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Mission%20Control
    I believe you need to tweak its behaviour.
    There is osso-mission-control package which implements Misson control plugin filters and might be of your interest.

There are also some opensource apps (call-forward, catblock.. and so on) on Maemo5/Fremantle repository which basically do what you want to achieve.
    I guess it's worth it to take a look at those examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuton View Post
    Hi,
    Except security there should not be big changes between Fremantle and Harmattan RTCOM.

There is mission control component, which manages channels and connection managers http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Mission%20Control
    I believe you need to tweak its behaviour.
    There is osso-mission-control package which implements Misson control plugin filters and might be of your interest.

There are also some opensource apps (call-forward, catblock.. and so on) on Maemo5/Fremantle repository which basically do what you want to achieve.
    I guess it's worth it to take a look at those examples too.
    gnuton, thank you ever so much for your info. I think your useful information gives me a great start point to begin from.

Super Contributor

You are welcome, keep us posted with your findings on the subject.