Discussion Board

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Paid content went for free on 1st October

Hi,

Today I've notices that several of my PAID content went for free on 1st of October. Most of the content is for Harmattan, but OVI identified devices as N9 (which is as usual) and RM-680 (I believe it's N950). Is it something wrong once again in OVI store system or am I missed something (gift day ) ? Any one else have paid content given for free?
    http://inmobisoft.com

Regular Contributor

Re: Paid content went for free on 1st October

I observe this too for all my apps, not only for Harmattan-targeted apps. Whole countries like Germany with a bunch of purchases gives me 0.00 Euro I think, however, that this is just a cosmetic problem and all purchases was accounted as it should.

I noticed a bunch of 0.00 euros too ... it's just a reporting glitch that'll sort itself out.

Same problem here.
    Lots of 0.00€.It's horrible.

Regular Contributor

Also I see significant drop of sales for all my apps (according to statistics on publish.ovi.com, at least). Kindly asking Nokia representatives to shine some light on situation.

Yes I can see the same problem.
    Looks like a reporting problem.

Well, second day and now all just zeros...

Quote Originally Posted by pippo2010 View Post
    Well, second day and now all just zeros...
    We'll have to tell kids, no presents this holiday

Same here. Hey, is there any place where people share daily profits? I would like to know if it's worth to start developing apps. Currently only making themes.

I've seen some sales though, not 100% free. Same content was paid in Australia and other countries while free in the rest. I already emailed support but I assume they're being bombarded with this question...

I really hope it's just a problem with the analysis tool and not with the store itself. Would really hate it if I didn't get the profits.,,

Same problem here.
    I see significant drop of sales & I noticed a bunch of 0.00 euros too.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hi all,

There had been issues with the download numbers in the stats report over the weekend. The Development team has resolved this on our end and we are in the process of removing the incorrect data from the reports. Rest assured the reporting tool should be generating the download/purchase data accurately from this point forward.

In the meantime, we ask for your continued patience and apologize for any inconvenience caused by this. If you do see further inconsistent data in your reports by the end of the week, please kindly let us know so we can update the development team.

Best Regards,
    Andrew

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post
    Hi all,

There had been issues with the download numbers in the stats report over the weekend. The Development team has resolved this on our end and we are in the process of removing the incorrect data from the reports. Rest assured the reporting tool should be generating the download/purchase data accurately from this point forward.

In the meantime, we ask for your continued patience and apologize for any inconvenience caused by this. If you do see further inconsistent data in your reports by the end of the week, please kindly let us know so we can update the development team.

Best Regards,
    Andrew
    Thanks for the good news, Andrew!

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by fredericobsantos View Post
    Same here. Hey, is there any place where people share daily profits? I would like to know if it's worth to start developing apps. Currently only making themes.
    I think that application development for Nokia 100% worth it, at least for me. If you have good app idea and some programming skills, then you should try. Qt / Qt Quick is a good development platform, and there are many Nokia customers appreciate good apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post
    Hi all,

Best Regards,
    Andrew
    What does this mean exactly? Are you saying we didn't sell? That's absurd... I can't go from 40 downloads/day to 3 over the weekend, absolutely impossible. Also impossible to have made 35€ with 92 sales, which is the sum of sales for that period...

Regarding app profits, how much does an app with decent quality profit per day?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by fredericobsantos View Post
    Regarding app profits, how much does an app with decent quality profit per day?
    It depends on the app. If the app is really useful, it can be bring about 150-200€ per day. Good entertainment app can bring about 40-50€ per day. If you have several such apps... well... you can calculate totals by yourself

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast