Discussion Board

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Paid content went for free on 1st October

Quote Originally Posted by lostdev View Post
    It depends on the app. If the app is really useful, it can be bring about 150-200€ per day. Good entertainment app can bring about 40-50€ per day. If you have several such apps... well... you can calculate totals by yourself
    Wow, are you serious? 150€/day? Do you speak from personal experience? I will definitely look into that then. Although learning+developing the actual app might not be worth it in the long run... I definitely won't develop for WP7 and Symbian is near its end... Themes go lower than that but they take less time to make and no learning is required (at least for me)

But will give it a try for sure
    Thank you

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by fredericobsantos View Post
    Wow, are you serious? 150€/day? Do you speak from personal experience?
    Yes. I should note again, however, that this should be really useful app for a wide audience.

I will definitely look into that then. Although learning+developing the actual app might not be worth it in the long run... I definitely won't develop for WP7 and Symbian is near its end... Themes go lower than that but they take less time to make and no learning is required (at least for me)
    While you are thinking that "Symbian is near its end", I making money on it Seriously, I think that Symbian have a large user base and development for this platform is definitely worth it. What I think about WP7... let's see. WP7 have a small user base for now, but who knows, what will be next year?

Yes. I should note again, however, that this should be really useful app for a wide audience.

While you are thinking that "Symbian is near its end", I making money on it Seriously, I think that Symbian have a large user base and development for this platform is definitely worth it. What I think about WP7... let's see. WP7 have a small user base for now, but who knows, what will be next year?
    I'm also making themes I know what you mean exactly. The thing is time needed to actually be able to develop anything beyond the classic "Hello world"... Since I already understand what the users might want in Symbian, that's why I am thinking of learning. But for WP7 I'm much more inclined to switch to iOS or Android as their users numbers will only increase. It is my belief that even if Nokia catches up it will never be number one again. It has lost too much credit and Android's momentum is absolutely huge.

But I do understand what you mean by Symbian's large user base. I agree completely. But I need to learn from absolute 0!

Sorry for offtopic. Regarding the topic, still haven't seen real numbers from the weekend...

Regular Contributor

I'm also making themes I know what you mean exactly. The thing is time needed to actually be able to develop anything beyond the classic "Hello world"... Since I already understand what the users might want in Symbian, that's why I am thinking of learning. But for WP7 I'm much more inclined to switch to iOS or Android as their users numbers will only increase. It is my belief that even if Nokia catches up it will never be number one again. It has lost too much credit and Android's momentum is absolutely huge.
    There is no need to be a number one to be prosperous. Regarding iOS and Android... well... I think that there is definitely a place on the market for other mobile OSes. I don't like Android and iOS, and I think that I'm not alone Really I think that Symbian is the best OS for me for now. I think that Symbian internally have more features than other OSes, and more optimal hardware requirements and usage. The only thing that Symbian lacks until last time was good SDK (now it have Qt) and "cool" interface features, that Qt Quick now offers.

But I do understand what you mean by Symbian's large user base. I agree completely. But I need to learn from absolute 0!
    You should know that in programming you can get "universal skills" that will help you with any platform and SDK.

Sorry for offtopic. Regarding the topic, still haven't seen real numbers from the weekend...
    I believe that they will be available tomorrow as usual. As I know, Nokia usually updates stats at ~6AM GMT.
    Last edited by lostdev; 2011-10-03 at 22:53.

There is no need to be a number one to be prosperous. Regarding iOS and Android... well... I think that there is definitely a place on the market for other mobile OSes. I don't like Android and iOS, and I think that I'm not alone Really I think that Symbian is the best OS for me for now. I think that Symbian internally have more features than other OSes, and more optimal hardware requirements and usage. The only thing that Symbian lacks until last time was good SDK (now it have Qt) and "cool" interface features, that Qt Quick now offers.
    Although I agree that the Symbian OS is indeed very powerful, I'm plagued by Connection failed/already active when using my phone (C7). And unfortunately it always fails me when I want to do something quick (Unlock+take a picture for example where it constantly reboots). The Phone is very fast and indeed great if nearly no apps are installed. Since I make themes, I need to have as many installed as possible... And it's constantly hanging... albeit no restarts

You should know that in programming you can get "universal skills" that will help you with any programming platform and SDK.
    True, I already tried VBA a little for university (management studies though so everything pretty light) and looked into some Qt and Qt looks very similar to VBA. But I'm at the point where I wouldn't know where to start! Although I already have the app idea!

I believe that they will be available tomorrow as usual. As I know, Nokia usually updates stats at ~6AM GMT.
    It always updates twice a day. There's a 1~2AM round and 5~6AM round. Hopefully it will incorporate all the weekend sales... The thing is, this has happened to me before lots of times but the Download count never increased. As in, the purchases never registered as opposed to this time where they registered at 0€. And this is what concerns me.

Regular Contributor

Although I agree that the Symbian OS is indeed very powerful, I'm plagued by Connection failed/already active when using my phone (C7). And unfortunately it always fails me when I want to do something quick (Unlock+take a picture for example where it constantly reboots). The Phone is very fast and indeed great if nearly no apps are installed. Since I make themes, I need to have as many installed as possible... And it's constantly hanging... albeit no restarts
    I have N8 with Anna and I could not say a bad word regarding it No hangs/restarts, very stable. I had 5800XM before and I should note that Symbian^3 is a big step in comparison with S60. I also have N950 (N9 development kit) and I should note that this is fantastic phone (not without problems from the developer's point of view, however, but it have beta version of firmware, so it is explainable). I know that this is "first and last" Meego-based phone made by Nokia, and it's sad, but N9 is really, really good.

It always updates twice a day. There's a 1~2AM round and 5~6AM round. Hopefully it will incorporate all the weekend sales... The thing is, this has happened to me before lots of times but the Download count never increased. As in, the purchases never registered as opposed to this time where they registered at 0€. And this is what concerns me.
    May be, there is a very early morning at 2AM here where I live

I have N8 with Anna and I could not say a bad word regarding it No hangs/restarts, very stable. I had 5800XM before and I should note that Symbian^3 is a big step in comparison with S60. I also have N950 (N9 development kit) and I should note that this is fantastic phone (not without problems from the developer's point of view, however, but it have beta version of firmware, so it is explainable). I know that this is "first and last" Meego-based phone made by Nokia, and it's sad, but N9 is really, really good.)

My C7 was fine without the numerous apps I installed. I'm guessing that's the issue here. But that also shows something about the QA. I also have a 5800XM (with C6's ROM) and I still use it to this day. I do agree s^3 is a huge improvement. But the whole system wasn't optimized neither for S^3 nor Anna with an UI Perspective. I could make a very detailed PDF with everything that's not right with the UI, perhaps I will with Symbian Belle.
    I don't get tired using the RDA's N9 so I assume the N950 is heaven. Just wish I could somehow get one.

Any one has updates on zeros? Because for me the zeros-saga still continues, it's even worse, now free content is also affected with decreased number of downloads. I see that free content has been slightly updated for 2 days ago date. I wonder what's always happen to reporting system, it is the introduction of N9 model?
    Last edited by pippo2010; 2011-10-04 at 13:22.
    http://inmobisoft.com

Another day with zeros...

Dear Andrew,

It looks like problem was not resolved at the end, we still suffer from (hopefully) reporting errors for paid content. Do you have any comments regarding this situation? Thank you in advance
    http://inmobisoft.com

It's even worse today...

same thing over here...

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by pippo2010 View Post
    Dear Andrew,

It looks like problem was not resolved at the end, we still suffer from (hopefully) reporting errors for paid content. Do you have any comments regarding this situation? Thank you in advance
    We are looking into this. This appears to be still an issue. Please stay tuned for the update.

Andrew

Regular Contributor

I see this too. 0 revenue totals for a few countries and unexpectedly low sales. It started almost aligned with a price increase I did, so I thought it was related. But even so it was on the extreme side.

Does anyone see low daily sales also from the end of September?

Yes,the 30th.September is very low.Only half of before.
    And the october's sales is also very low.Much lower than before.
    Last edited by magine; 2011-10-05 at 04:53.