Discussion Board

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Paid content went for free on 1st October

My sales become low too from the 30 September, half sales of before

Regular Contributor

It seems that now has been more than 10 days since the beginning of problems, and there is still no information from Nokia. Dear Andrew, can you please ask R&D team to provide at least a preliminary answers for a following questions:

1. Is the sales drop issue is a real issue and caused by some accounting/reporting problems?
    2. If sales drop issue is a real issue, then whether the sales data will be recalculated and whether real sales stats will be provided for the affected period?
    3. Approximate time when the "0 Euro" and "sales drop" problems will be fixed (a week, a month, a quarter)?

You should understand that developers are very concerned about this problem.

Hey there. I publish in probably the most aggressive segment of the Nokia Store, the personalization category and I can tell you that sales drops should be expected. It's all about the visibility if your app after all. Also, the ranking of Top Sellers is very badly designed so if you have an app that's more expensive than average (and therefore has fewer sales but same profit) it will fade away in top sellers.

Also, I have increased my sales in the last month and am doing the same amount of sales per day so I assume that's not the main issue here. I still have 3 days unaccounted for.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by fredericobsantos View Post
    Hey there. I publish in probably the most aggressive segment of the Nokia Store, the personalization category and I can tell you that sales drops should be expected. It's all about the visibility if your app after all. Also, the ranking of Top Sellers is very badly designed so if you have an app that's more expensive than average (and therefore has fewer sales but same profit) it will fade away in top sellers.

Also, I have increased my sales in the last month and am doing the same amount of sales per day so I assume that's not the main issue here. I still have 3 days unaccounted for.
    The sales drop itself would not be strange, but this drop was too sharp - 30 September I had a half of sales for 29 September, and I have the half of sales for now (as compared with the same days in September). My apps are still in the same places in Top Sellers, they are in Recommended sometimes... But sales are halved. I's hard to believe that customers agreed among themselves to buy fewer apps after 29 September

Also there are many other complaints regarding the same problem, some even with real screenshots:

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...l=1#post862564

P.S. It seems that "Top Sellers" list for all apps is often inadequate, as compared with "Top Sellers" in categories. May be this is a some reason, but it seems that this is not only reason.
    Last edited by lostdev; 2011-10-11 at 12:12.

There might be new apps that customers will prefer to buy but I do understand your point and agree with you.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by fredericobsantos View Post
    There might be new apps that customers will prefer to buy but I do understand your point and agree with you.
    If there are new apps to buy, then they should be somewhere in "Top Sellers", and sales drop shouldn't be too sharp. I also have new and popular apps after all I have 4 apps on the first page of "Top Sellers" list in "Photo & Video" category, one app on the second page in the same category (or all these apps on the first page - depending on country and phone model), one app on the first page of "Top Sellers" in "Business" and one app on the second page in the same category, and so on. So such sharp drop seems suspicious to me.
    Last edited by lostdev; 2011-10-11 at 12:35.