Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Poorly documented theme items

There are a couple of items I couldn't find in Carbide.ui 4.2 for Anna (to be used on an N8), no matter how I tried. Somebody might know where they actually hide?

- Search home screen widget (Google + My Contents) text entry color. None of the usual text input colors seem to apply.

- Clock application, New Alarm button text color.

- Calculator application, text color on the paper tape-like display.

- Toolbar icons of the new Mail application. Previous messaging and related icons do not apply.

- Web feed application (the one you land in when you have RSS home screen widgets) toolbar icons. Although it would be very logical, it does not use the browser toolbar icons.

And finally: how does one (re)create special folders like Internet, Tools if they are missing or deleted?

Thanks.

Re: Poorly documented theme items

Search home screen, Email toolbar icons can't be skinned. I emailed the Carbide.Ui team but they never really answered me back.

The rest, get the TMA plugin, look into the code and port it to the S^3 anna plugin (or just use TMA plugin). I'm running my custom plugin that has everything TMA has, the colors are fixed (email widget and so on) and compiles as S^3 with .NVG (not 100% though but the default plugin also doesn't compile all files into nvg dunno why).

I think I'll share it here soon, when I have time.

Regular Contributor

Thanks a lot, seems to be a wonderful idea (I downloaded and started to convert, not yet tried on the phone but soon). I wasn't aware of it, I never created themes for public consumption, only for my own use.

Quote Originally Posted by djgtram View Post
    Thanks a lot, seems to be a wonderful idea (I downloaded and started to convert, not yet tried on the phone but soon). I wasn't aware of it, I never created themes for public consumption, only for my own use.
    That's how I started to. Then I thought I could share my work!

Regular Contributor

Well, I don't know. First 6600, then N95 8GB, now N8. Three themes, mostly along the same lines. I never thought about sharing that. On the other hand, I do develop applications... :-)

Already tried on the device. TMA doesn't seem to be perfectly all right for a drop-in replacement. Mostly yes but there are a couple of problems. Icons are outdated compared to Anna but copying the SVGs from the Anna plugin to TMA takes care of that. Still, some items are mixed or misplaced. Probably the best solution will be to identify what I need in TMA and add it to Anna manually, as you hinted at. Well, I'll have to find some time for that, as it's really not for sale but for my own fun, more important tasks come first...

Regular Contributor

So, I moved practically everything of interest from TMA to the Anna plugin. There are only two items that I can't get a handle to (well, apart from the missing ones you started to list in the other thread, of course): the New alarm button and the Mailer column header text colors. Judging by their actual color, they might even be common. Would you happen to know the ID of the item responsible for those?
    Last edited by djgtram; 2011-10-09 at 21:54.

The new alarm button is the normal button... Regarding that color, the TMA plugin is bugged there. If I'm not mistaken it's the email group header text or something like this. The symbian anna plugin already has that

Regular Contributor

After much experimentation, it was the AVKON button text, for both.

As far as all the missing new items are concerned, I tried to extract new IDs from the new firmware. I did find a couple (should be checked out what they correspond to) but very far from the quantity actually lacking.