Discussion Board

Invalid certificate on developer certificate

Hi,
    I got my 3th developer certificate on august. The SIS for my phone was from 30.august, the key and cer was from 03.august.

After I installed the sis to provide the new database on my phones, I got always the error that the certificate (the one from 03-aug) was not valid and that the phone can not install apps from unknow publishers.

I wrote 3 times to Nokia last month. Only last week Nokia wrote me back and sent a new rar file with a SIS, KEY and CER from 30.aug. But I have still the same problem. I can't install any apps made with the developer certificate.

On september I installed Anna. Maybe it doesn't work anymore with anna? I don't know why I can't install my apps on my phone. I published all items on the store without testing them on my phone. But maybe it is not the right way to publish an item.

Hope someone had the same problem and solved it.

Thanks,
    Adriano
    I discovered Qt in the summer 2010, it was sooo easy and nice to use, that I begun to write some apps.
    Thank you Nokia, for giving me this possibility!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Invalid certificate on developer certificate

please turn the device language to English, and then try again. If it fails, lease do write the exact error messages here.

You could also click the cer file in windows file explorer (which opens a info screen) to see the validity period for it. Note that the device time settings (Year, month, day, hour, minute, second) must be inside the validity period. Also make sure you are trying a device that you have reserved for developer certificate for. Updating to Anna will not change the IMEI, thus the update should not efect the certificate validity.

You probably have to uninstall the old devcert prior to installing the new one.

I will try to turn the phone language in english, so I can write the exact error I get.

The certificate is ok. My phone date is also ok. I reserved 3 IMEIs for the developer certificate. 1 phone is dead, but the other 2 phones (N8 and C7) have the same problem. It seems that the devcert does not contain the right data.

I also uninstalled and installed again the devcert, but I have still the same problem. This evening I will try to set my phone to english and will write if it works.
    I discovered Qt in the summer 2010, it was sooo easy and nice to use, that I begun to write some apps.

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger54 View Post
    I will try to turn the phone language in english, so I can write the exact error I get.

The certificate is ok. My phone date is also ok. I reserved 3 IMEIs for the developer certificate. 1 phone is dead, but the other 2 phones (N8 and C7) have the same problem. It seems that the devcert does not contain the right data.

I also uninstalled and installed again the devcert, but I have still the same problem. This evening I will try to set my phone to english and will write if it works.
    This appears to be an issue with the developer certificate itself and we would require the assistance of the Nokia Publish Support team. Can you send an email to developer.support@nokia.com and provide your publisher name and the 3 IMEIs you are using? I will double check to see if the developer certificate we issued you does indeed contain these IMEIs. Please tag [Discussion Board] in the beginning of your subject line so I can extract it from the system.

Andrew
    Nokia Publish Support
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for the latest updates on all Publisher related information!
    Last edited by Andrew Nokia; 2011-10-07 at 22:35.

Ok, I will do so Andrew.

I tried to set the phone in english. When I install my sis, i get this message:

Security Warning

Application is not trusted and may be harmful to your phone.
    Continue ->
    Unable to install a protected application from a supplier that is not trusted

That message suggests that your installer is self-signed. signsis -o your.sis from a command prompt can list the certificate(s) on a .sis/x file.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    That message suggests that your installer is self-signed. signsis -o your.sis from a command prompt can list the certificate(s) on a .sis/x file.
    I know. It is like I compiled with a self signed certificate.

But I compiled it with: make sis QT_SIS_CERTIFICATE=...cer QT_SIS_KEY=...key

If I use this page: http://apu.ndhub.net/devices it works (with the RDA certificate). On my phone it doesn't work with my certificate.

Nokia Developer Expert

I know. It is like I compiled with a self signed certificate.

But I compiled it with: make sis QT_SIS_CERTIFICATE=...cer QT_SIS_KEY=...key

If I use this page: http://apu.ndhub.net/devices it works (with the RDA certificate). On my phone it doesn't work with my certificate.
    It appears we have resolved this issue. Just for all your information, I am including the contents of the solution here.

If you receive the following message: “Failure. Cannot provision certificate database (-14)”, this indicates that there is a conflict in your certificate database. In such cases, you would want to try uninstalling the older version of the certificate from Settings -> Application manager -> Installed Apps -> Nokia R&D Certificate Provisioner and installing the new version.

If that still does not work, try factory resetting your device by entering the *0007370# code in your phone application. The default code is 12345. Please note that this clears the all the content (contacts, messages, and user data) on your c: drive so you may want to backup any important data on your phone using PC/Ovi Suite.

Andrew

Thank you Andrew!
    Yes we resolved the issue Maybe because I got the new devcert. Uninstalling and installing again didn't helped me.

After this steps, it worked:
    - uninstall certificate provisioner
    - reboot phone
    - install certificate provisioner

Nokia Developer Expert

Thank you Andrew!
    Yes we resolved the issue Maybe because I got the new devcert. Uninstalling and installing again didn't helped me.

After this steps, it worked:
    - uninstall certificate provisioner
    - reboot phone
    - install certificate provisioner
    In this case, this appears to be an issue with the developer certificate. I am glad to see that we were able to resolve your issue.

Andrew