Discussion Board

Older versions: Open C GLIBRARY Common,Open C LIBSSL Common,Standard C++ library C ?

I currently played Heroes of Might and Magic 2 s60v3, but i updated Open C GLIBRARY Common, Open C LIBSSL Common, Standard C++ library Common and Symbian OS STDIOSERVER to 1.6 on my Nokia e51. The game doesn't work anymore (it worked with older versions of the above files). The error is : "Feature not supported". I cannot find older versions of them anywhere.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Older versions: Open C GLIBRARY Common,Open C LIBSSL Common,Standard C++ library

The current Open C/C++ version is 1.7.5, released more than a year ago. Are you sure about that installing 1.6 was an upgrade?
    Visit Resources above, Tools and downloads, Find more tools, Tools for Symbian C++ development, there you will find a list of plug-ins, including Open C/C++.
    If it still does not work, contact the developer.

Re: Older versions: Open C GLIBRARY Common,Open C LIBSSL Common,Standard C++ library

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    The current Open C/C++ version is 1.7.5, released more than a year ago. Are you sure about that installing 1.6 was an upgrade?
    Visit Resources above, Tools and downloads, Find more tools, Tools for Symbian C++ development, there you will find a list of plug-ins, including Open C/C++.
    If it still does not work, contact the developer.
    But archived versions are not available, like version 1.0 ? And 1.7.5 is not beta ?

Quote Originally Posted by roarkes View Post
    But archived versions are not available, like version 1.0 ?
    No, obsolete versions are not available. Even device firmwares contain newer versions than 1.0.
    And 1.7.5 is not beta ?
    Based on this question I assume you have not checked the download. No, it is not beta.

But, than again, some application install version 1.03, a mobile phone game, i think one from 2009. If deleted, the version 1.03 file, could not be retrieved from the phone memory or such ?

The new versions are backwards compatible, that is why there is no need for the old ones.