Discussion Board

Make an own payment app compliant to VISA / Mastercard standards

Hello, as in the subject.. what if i wanted to make a custom payment MIDlet + applet a real payment application?
    The application works perfectly on my indoor system (Nokia NFC handset + USB Contactless reader), which simulate payment and transactions using customs APDU sequences, so next step is... testing it in the real world.

Is there a way to access communications protocols and specifications for real contactless POS, such as VISA or Mastercard ones?
    Otherwise, who should i ask them for, and which are the criteria/requirements to get a license?
    Any tip, guide, tutorial, instruction, informations would be very appreciated.

Thank you
    Marco

Re: Make an own payment app compliant to VISA / Mastercard standards

Hallo Marco,

for the EMV standards (Payment systems, contactless payment systems) see the website of EMVCo (http://www.emvco.com/).

br
    Michael

Super Contributor

Hi Marco,

Payment system is operator dependent, means we need special SIM card from operators. If you are targetting the app for particular operator then it might be useful to ask from them.

Hi Mahbub,
    Do you mean.. telecommunication network operators? My app is not sim-based, that means that is not related to any operators: it just receives as an input my payment credentials and stores it in the Secure Element. What i want is my mobile phone to act as my contactless mastercard credit card, i.e. to pay with it moving it close to the POS...

Super Contributor

Hi,

Yes that is true. Another options I was thinking for you, would it be possible to contact other vendor and then you might have possibility to test with them (though I am not completely sure about it in practice)

Yes, this could be an option.. but, isn't there an "official" way to do it? At this point it's no more important to me to succeed, but rather to understand what is the procedure.. i'm aware that i may not have requisites or criteria to get my app approved by Visa o Mastercard, but how can I find it out? Who should i talk to, or submit my app to?
    Thanks,
    Marco

Super Contributor

Hi Marco,
    I don't know if there is any official process at this time about testing your application, it would be good to check and ask around (for example also those operator who are going to provide payment service).