Discussion Board

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Nokia Developer Expert

Re: ALERT: Information about the Online Reporting Tool, showing transactions of 0 €.

Quote Originally Posted by lostdev View Post
    And me, and me :-P
    Updated the post to include you two. Sorry to leave you two out!

Regular Contributor

Re: ALERT: Information about the Online Reporting Tool, showing transactions of 0 €.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post
    Would you happen to have screenshots of your reports prior to the fix?
    I don't, but I don't think the sales counts changed retroactively, only the revenue.

By the way, I haven't heard back from developer.support@ since the 22th, but now that this is being investigated I'll await the findings.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi all,

We are still looking into this. Sorry for the wait. Hopefully we will get a resolution quickly.

Andrew

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the update, Andrew.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi all,

I've spoken to the Nokia Development team on this and while I hate to be the bearer of bad news. The lower-than-average reports in the period of 1st to 11th Oct is valid and no loss of purchase data had been found in that time frame. The main reason for this is due to the product placement process which had resulted in several applications having lower product visibility in the store.

Thankfully it appears that the visibility of your applications have been restored; we do apologize for the negative effects this has caused during the period.

Best regards,
    Andrew

Regular Contributor

Although there's a confounding factor in my case, I see -65% sales from the "expected", and that's for the whole of October.

What changed in the placement? Is it possible the change caused that, and also in the rest of October?

Quote Originally Posted by jrez View Post
    Although there's a confounding factor in my case, I see -65% sales from the "expected", and that's for the whole of October.

What changed in the placement? Is it possible the change caused that, and also in the rest of October?
    Yes, the placement in ovi store is very important. That's why sometimes you publish free to climb in popularity and then you make it payable

0 euro problem strikes back in my reports again. anyone else?

- now it has passed away. sorry!

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by flotron View Post
    Yes, the placement in ovi store is very important.
    The question is if that's what caused the decrease since the end of September. Do you still see reduced sales?

That's why sometimes you publish free to climb in popularity and then you make it payable
    Have you tried that? Did it work? I had a 1 month sale (2 EUR -> 1 EUR) which increased sales. If this caused the item to be listed earlier it should've carried on for some time after the sale ended. But instead, I saw a drastic decrease in sales at the end, to a level much lower than the pre-sale figures.

But with the Ovi problems starting at the same time I don't know what's the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by jrez View Post
    The question is if that's what caused the decrease since the end of September. Do you still see reduced sales?

Have you tried that? Did it work? I had a 1 month sale (2 EUR -> 1 EUR) which increased sales. If this caused the item to be listed earlier it should've carried on for some time after the sale ended. But instead, I saw a drastic decrease in sales at the end, to a level much lower than the pre-sale figures.

But with the Ovi problems starting at the same time I don't know what's the cause.
    I had the decrease problem only in the begining of october.

About your problem, yes maybe you are just down in popularity because the last ovi problem, i would recommend to change the screenshot to re-gain attention or in the worst case publish it free for a week or less and then make it payable. Making it free for a period you risk to other people download your app and publish it in blogs without permission

Last edited by flotron; 2011-11-03 at 20:05.