Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Nokia Developer Expert

(Resolved) Issues affecting Reporting Data in October

Dear Publishers,

There have been reports that the purchase numbers of several content items are showing up as 0 € in the online reporting tool. Rest assured that the R&D team is looking into this issue to restore the reports to its original state. Please note that proper transactions will still be retained.

Once the reporting error is fixed, we will give an official announcement on this page (the ‘Alerts & News’ section of the Support page).

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this matter.

Regards,
    Nokia Publish Support
    Last edited by Andrew Nokia; 2011-10-06 at 20:05.

Regular Contributor

Re: ALERT: Information about the Online Reporting Tool, showing transactions of 0 €.

Is this still a problem? The 0 totals for some countries are gone now, but the monthly average per unit is lower than it should be (compared with previous months).

Also, like others reported, I suspect the sale counts are lower than they truly are. Is this another related problem, or is it just a bad month?

Re: ALERT: Information about the Online Reporting Tool, showing transactions of 0 €.

Quote Originally Posted by jrez View Post
    Is this still a problem? The 0 totals for some countries are gone now, but the monthly average per unit is lower than it should be (compared with previous months).

Also, like others reported, I suspect the sale counts are lower than they truly are. Is this another related problem, or is it just a bad month?
    Me too.. since october 1st the revenue fall, but that not only: the download quantity fall too!!

The same with me. Since September 30 the download quantity & revenue fall to half.

I am very concerned about this issue.

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by juanmpmp View Post
    The same with me. Since September 30 the download quantity & revenue fall to half.

I am very concerned about this issue.
    Please be assured that all missing transactions are currently being restored. This process may take a few more days and I ask for your patience while we work to rectify this issue.

Andrew

Nokia Developer Expert

Dear Publishers,

Due to a back-end system update, the online reporting tool has been experiencing functionality issues between 29th September to 4th October. The Nokia Publish Development team has identified two issues with the online reports:

Issue #1: Publisher reports are displaying duplicated download data from 29th September to 2nd October. This had resulted in inflated download statistics during this period.
    Status: This has been resolved and all extraneous download data have been removed during the affected period.

Issue #2: Several paid transactions are showing up as 0€ in the revenue estimates from 1st to 4th Oct.
    Details: Due to a backend system change, the online reporting tool had been generating transactions with incorrect revenue figures (0€). Please note that these transactions are valid but are displaying inaccurate values.
    Status: This is not expected behavior of the reporting tool and the Nokia Publish Development team is aware of this issue and is treating it with top priority. Your online estimated revenue may be lower than average due to these missing transactions.
    Expected results: The expected estimated revenue amounts will reappear for all purchases of your content items.

Please see the original announcement here: http://support.publish.ovi.com/?p=2130

Once the reporting error is fixed, we will provide an official announcement. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this matter.

Regards,
    Nokia Publish Support
    Last edited by Andrew Nokia; 2011-10-14 at 01:14.

Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post

Issue: Inflated download numbers in your estimated reports
    Expected results: Download numbers are accurate
    Is this related to the free downloads only? As I see, free download stats for days after 11 October are now removed from online report. And is this related to purchases stats as well? As I see, there is no changes in purchases stats. According to my statistics, situation with purchases after 29 September should be called "deflation" and not "inflation", because October sales fell by 30-40% comparing to September sales in my case, and not only in my case, according to complaints here.

Issue: Estimated revenue amounts are showing up as ‘0’ EUR for some purchases of content items
    Status: We will continue to troubleshoot and resolve the reporting error
    Expected results: The accurate revenue amounts will reappear for all purchases of your content items
    It's good to read this, thanks!

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lostdev View Post
    Hi Andrew,

Is this related to the free downloads only? As I see, free download stats for days after 11 October are now removed from online report. And is this related to purchases stats as well? As I see, there is no changes in purchases stats. According to my statistics, situation with purchases after 29 September should be called "deflation" and not "inflation", because October sales fell by 30-40% comparing to September sales in my case, and not only in my case, according to complaints here.

It's good to read this, thanks!
    Hi lostdev,

I have updated my post to provide more clarity.

Andrew

Hello Everyone
    Thanks much, Andrew for the update and good to see that the Nokia team is working to correct the situation.
    However, there is one BIG issue for many of us and it is a 40%-50% decrease in sales for the current month-to-date period as reported by most developers in this thread. As you can probably understand this is not an insignificant percentage, and this matter should somehow also be officially addressed as most likely it is also related to the appearance of 'duplicate' or 'zero value' transactions.
    I have been a publisher with the Ovi Store since it opened, and I have witnessed these reports issues happening quite frequently, but it always turned out to the positive, with reporting figures returning to be consistent with our averages, after the corrections.
    I hope in this case we will see this happening again, and that this will just prove to be a temporary glitch, and not a permanent situation, because a 40%-50% drop in sales is definitely a game changer for many of us.
    Thanks for your support.
    Salud
    Poly

It seems like this time the problem is more complicated than before. As was already mentioned from 11 October there are no updates on some of free content. Now it's almost 3 weeks since problems begin I just hope it will not become permanent.

I also notices some pretty strange changes in OVI store itself. And as a user I have to admit that experience getting worse, at least for Nokia N9 smartphone. There are many less Featured apps that are shown now to the user and total mix of App Wizard and standard apps. I live in Netherlands and was surprised to see in top free apps created with App Wizard that have description in Italian and Spanish. Believe me, there are not so many people here speaking Italian and Spanish. I would expect to see apps in English and Dutch, not other languages. And also it would be nice to have a separate category for App Wizard apps as they are just a sort of link to website and not real applications. That could partially explain drop in downloads/sales because I notices that with new changes I don't download as much as I did before because find interesting/useful application become a challenge.

Any way I'd like to thank Andrew and all Nokia Publish Support team for constant update on situation as 1 year ago we didn't have such pleasure to talk directly to team.
    Last edited by pippo2010; 2011-10-14 at 09:41.
    http://inmobisoft.com

I'm too getting a 60-50% down in the estimated revenue compared to the past months, not only the revenue/download estimated calculation, the download numbers per day fall dratically!

Nokia Developer Champion

Ciao,

I am seeying issues with stats too. For example last 7 days stats show a number which is less than the detailed dowloads for the same application per day. Ofcourse it does not make sense and not sure which numbers are correct, I am assuing the total are wrong and also the total cumulative downloads showed single digit downloads from yestarday but if I look at the per day stats for single apps is 1000x more!
    Any explanation would be great !

Thanks
    Alessandro

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi all,

We have updated the support page alert to include further information on this issue. Please see http://support.publish.ovi.com/?p=2130&type=alert.

We have discovered several functionality issues with the online reports occurring in the month of October. The Nokia Development team has been diligently working on these and is taking steps to resolve these issues.

We will update this alert as we work to resolve this issue. Please visit this page regularly for up-coming updates on this matter.

Update Oct 17th, 2011
    We have completed the fix for issue #1 and is currently working on two outstanding issues:

Issue #1: Publisher reports are displaying duplicated download data from 29th September to 2nd October.
    Status: Resolved. Publisher reports no longer show duplicate entries per transactions.

Issue #2: Several paid transactions are showing up as €0 in the revenue estimates from 1st to 4th October.
    Status: Unresolved. We are still in the process of removing all incorrect data and are taking steps to restore all missing transactions for paid contents. Note that this only a reporting issue and does not affect your actual revenue or payments.

Issue #3 (New): Download reports for free content not generating since 11th October, 2011.
    Status: Unresolved. The Nokia Development team has been made aware of this and is currently investigating the root cause of this issue.

We want to reiterate that no data was lost due to this issue, and we’re working hard to make the October data is fully available in your Online reports.

Updated Oct 13th, 2011

Due to a back-end system update, the online reporting tool has been experiencing functionality issues between 29th September to 4th October. The Nokia Publish development team has identified two issues with the online reports:
    Issue #1: Publisher reports are displaying duplicated download data from 29th September to 2nd October. This had resulted in inflated download statistics during this period.
    Status: This has been resolved and all extraneous download data have been removed during the affected period

Issue #2: Several paid transactions are showing up as €0 in the revenue estimates from 1st to 4th October.
    Details: Due to a backend system change, the online reporting tool had been generating transactions with incorrect revenue figures (€0). Please note that these transactions are valid but are displaying inaccurate values.
    Status: This is not the expected behavior of the reporting tool and the Nokia Publish development team is aware of this issue and is treating it with top priority. Your online estimated revenue may be lower than average due to these missing transactions.
    Expected results: The expected estimated revenue amounts will reappear for all purchases of your content items.

Updated Oct 6th, 2011

There have been reports that the purchase numbers of several content items are showing up as 0 € in the online reporting tool. Rest assured that the R&D team is looking into this issue to restore the reports to its original state. Please note that proper transactions will still be retained.

Once the reporting error is fixed, we will provide an official announcement. We apologize for the inconveniences caused by this matter.

Regards,
    Andrew

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi all,

The issues affecting the online reports for the month of October has been fixed. Please see the details here: http://support.publish.ovi.com/?p=2130&type=alert

We would like to thank all of you for the patience you have shown during this period. If you still see issues with your reports, please let us know and we will investigate further.

Andrew

Regular Contributor

Hi all,

The issues affecting the online reports for the month of October has been fixed. Please see the details here: http://support.publish.ovi.com/?p=2130&type=alert

We would like to thank all of you for the patience you have shown during this period. If you still see issues with your reports, please let us know and we will investigate further.

Andrew
    Thank you, Andrew! Any comments regarding sales drop at the 30 September and in the begginning of October? I should note that last week my sales in general are returned to September averages, but I can't see any changes in Ovi statistics at the beginning of the month - they are still 30-40% lower than usual.