Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: why can't v use nfc enabled phones as a credit card or debit cards?

In Australia our banks are using NFC to make payments, they have developed software/apps for the customers, however they are all currently pushing Iphones 4 and 4s to be used, and then selling the customers a special case for the phone that has the NFC chip builtin. The biggest bank in australia didnt even know that nokia had phones with NFC chips built in.

But occuring to the information that I have found on the developers website, the nfc chip have not been enable by nokia to allow such use as yet. Right now there are 2 major bank in australia actively pushing it with a total in excess of 50M customers, if the chips can be used this way the information on the site needs to be updated, becuase if they read this they would not even bother to try to develop an app for a nokia phone. So far they have developed apps for iphone with nfc use and are currently working on an andriod equivalent. they have also developed regular apps for iphones, andriod, and windows phone, but not nokia. I am trying to educate them aboiut the nokia phone and the use of Qt to allow for a better set of uniform apps across all O/S's. But nokia will really need to update what can be done with the NFC chips. There are also other banks working on this, so the market here in Australia is huge for this, we are a very technology hungry country, so Nokia would stand to capture a large volume of customers just by enableing something that is already builtin

i'm having trouble with running the app which i'v created using qt creator in nokia belle os i'm workin on an app that 'll be helping in digital money transaction using nfc......
    at present i got nokia 603 phone . also ihv installed emulator for belle.

at present i'm trying to connect nokia 603 with trf7970A but its not able to do p2p communication with it. the reader detects nfc types such as card emulation iso433A and felica but in card emulation mode i can't communicate to and fro with the phone i tried using felica mode but its not happening...is there any thing i should do further to ...but some of my friends has done communicating trf7970A with google nexus s i can't understand why its not possible with nokia handsets(noia 603 to be specific)

To make NFC transactions secure, we have Secure Element chip inside some phones which may be available in three forms... 1. Along with SIM... 2. Along with SD Card.. 3. Separate NFC chip in the handset. Now this chip read/write control is not directly given to the application. We have third party vendors who manages this Secure Element for E.g. Gemalto and make your NFC transactions secure. They provide you a library through which u can access the Secure Element with their consent. These third party vedors send some Application Protocol Data Unit commands based on IS0 7816 standards to manage the secure element. So when the NFC transactions are carried out for payments from Digitized Credit/ Debit Cards, they are secure.