Discussion Board

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Got a question? Ask Andrew... Part 2

About the DRM.... Applying OMA 1.0 in the content file thats all? I don't need any license or something like that?
    Last edited by flotron; 2011-10-07 at 17:20.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Nokia Publish Support Team Presents Our Updated FAQ List

Quote Originally Posted by flotron View Post
    About the DRM.... Applying OMA 1.0 in the content file thats all? I don't need any license or something like that?
    A license is not required to use our OMA 1.0 service. You simply have to select OMA 1.0 in the "Protection Type" field.

Andrew

Nokia Developer Expert

Got a question? Ask Andrew... Part 2

Continuation from "Got a question? Ask Andrew..". Keep the questions rolling!

Re: Got a question? Ask Andrew... Part 2

Hi Andrew,

I'm having a small problem: Stopwatch is not visible in the reports, but it has beenn published yesterday. Could you please fix it?
    Thank you,
    Bálint

Hi Andrew...

i'm having some trouble with the reporting tool of ovi, since October 11th reports have not been updated, so my question is, it is a general problem you are working in, or it is just me?

Thanks

Super Contributor

Since you're inviting questions, Andrew, here're a few simple questions for you:

When will Nokia Store support some application activation/registration mechanism, so that it is possible to make trial versions that can later be activated "in full" via in-app purchasing mechanisms? (See, e.g., http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ore-and-DRM-FL for starters).

When will in-app purchasing be support for each different Nokia platform (i.e., also Java for Series 40 and Symbian, Symbian C++ apps, besides just, e.g., Qt)?

When will Nokia Store support a mechanism for the developer/pubisher to contact the end-customer direcly or indirectly (e.g., due to feeback/review comments)?

When will Nokia suppot PayPal as a payment mechansim?

How will all that change with/for Windows Phone?

Will, e.g., all content for Windows Phone only go through Microsoft's store, or will it also be available in a separate Nokia Store, with a separate Nokia Store app on Nokia's Windows Phone based phones?

Will also non-Windows content for non-Windows Nokia phones (such as Java apps, Symbian apps, Qt apps, Flash Lite apps, Symbian and Series 40 UI themes, etc.) go through Microsoft's store, or will Nokia keep operating a separate Nokia Store?

Will Microsoft's store support the same operator billing operators as what the current Nokia store does?

If the above questions cannot be answered now, when can they be answered? Will they be answered?

;-)

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by molbal View Post
    Hi Andrew,

I'm having a small problem: Stopwatch is not visible in the reports, but it has beenn published yesterday. Could you please fix it?
    Thank you,
    Bálint
    Hi Bálint,

It takes generally 3 days for newly published content to generate the revenue reports; once the data is synchronized, this information is updated every 24 hours. I ask you to kindly wait a few more days for the system to generate your reports and revert back to me if you do not observe any changes by then.

Andrew

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by jcospina View Post
    Hi Andrew...

i'm having some trouble with the reporting tool of ovi, since October 11th reports have not been updated, so my question is, it is a general problem you are working in, or it is just me?

Thanks
    Hi Joao,

Good to hear from you again.

We've encountered issues with the reporting tool in the beginning of October; however, transactions thereafter should be generated accurately. I believe this is merely a slight delay in the synchronization process (average time is 24 hours). I will monitor this on my end to see if your reports are working correctly and escalate it if the issue still persist.

Andrew

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi Petrib,

I will try to answer your questions the best that I can. Please note that we only have information about the Nokia Store and all Windows phone inquiries should be redirected to the App Hub Support team.

When will Nokia Store support some application activation/registration mechanism, so that it is possible to make trial versions that can later be activated "in full" via in-app purchasing mechanisms? (See, e.g., http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ore-and-DRM-FL for starters).
    The In-App Purchasing mechanism is currently in closed beta and will be released in several weeks. I unfortunately do not have the exact date of this release however. In the meantime, you may simply create two content items (one trial and the other paid) and link one to the other should the user wish to upgrade to the full version.

When will in-app purchasing be support for each different Nokia platform (i.e., also Java for Series 40 and Symbian, Symbian C++ apps, besides just, e.g., Qt)?
    There is currently no information on the IAP mechanism being supported for platforms other than Symbian ^ 3 devices. If I hear further word on this, I will update you accordingly.

When will Nokia Store support a mechanism for the developer/pubisher to contact the end-customer direcly or indirectly (e.g., due to feeback/review comments)?
    This is currently being discussed. We intended the review boards to be purely for quality rating of your applications and implementing such a mechanism may re-purpose the boards as a troubleshooting channel. The team responsible for user reviews is taking this under consideration.

When will Nokia suppot PayPal as a payment mechansim?
    There is no information on this at the moment.

Will, e.g., all content for Windows Phone only go through Microsoft's store, or will it also be available in a separate Nokia Store, with a separate Nokia Store app on Nokia's Windows Phone based phones?
    All Windows Phone 7 content will be distributed via the Microsoft Marketplace. Nokia Store will continue to distribute all existing content types to the current supported platforms.

For inquiries regarding developing for the Windows platform, please redirect your questions to the following channel: http://create.msdn.com/en-us/home/feedback.

Andrew

Thank you Andrew,
    Your support is truly valuable. I have another question for this time:
    My revenue has reached 100€ in about June or July but I have not received anything from my revenue yet. Can you please check where the money is? The FAQ says the delay is about 1 month for the operators/banks, and then at the end of the following month, Nokia transfers the money, and there is another month delay with the bank to put it in our account. According to this, the money should have arrived by September at last, but it did not.

Thank you,
    Bálint

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by molbal View Post
    Thank you Andrew,
    Your support is truly valuable. I have another question for this time:
    My revenue has reached 100€ in about June or July but I have not received anything from my revenue yet. Can you please check where the money is? The FAQ says the delay is about 1 month for the operators/banks, and then at the end of the following month, Nokia transfers the money, and there is another month delay with the bank to put it in our account. According to this, the money should have arrived by September at last, but it did not.

Thank you,
    Bálint
    Hi Bálint,

Thank you for your kind words.

Can you please point me to where the FAQ states this? To clarify, it takes several months for the operator payment portion to be paid out. For credit card payments, it would take 1 months to clear. If the FAQ states differently, I will request to have this information corrected.

You may also write to developer.support@nokia.com to verify if your actual revenue has reached the 100€ threshold. Let me know the ticket reference number if you choose to do so and I will follow up with the payment team.

Andrew

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi Andrew,
    I am having a very worst issue with Nokia Publish that is my content is hanging('in progress') in QA for more than 25 days (Yes! 25 days) and the reply i got from support team (developer(dot)support(at)nokia(dot)com) is:
    . Unfortunately, it seems that Meego files are having
    issues during the QA review process which is the reason your content is still
    in progress with the QA team. I have notified the appropriate team for an
    update but it seems that they are still investigating the issue that is
    occurring
    Aint the reply is very technical? However, i need to know what makes Nokia Publish team to not report the error and fails the QA (if any) ? My content is "IN PROGRESS" from 25 days and i need a clear answer on having this much delay? . Thanks for your time.

Content Name: Tilt N Fun
    Content Number : 202395

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Hello,

Here is where I found it:
    1. Banking Information: It may be possible that your banking account information is missing or incorrect. To check or add your Banking Information in Ovi Publish see [Bank Information] under the [Accounts] tab. If there is no banking information there, Nokia will not be able to make a payment to you.

2. Operator billing can take one to several months to clear. Nokia issues the payment only when the payment amount is received from the Operators. Publishers are paid after the € 100 threshold is passed in Actual Revenue received by Nokia.

3. Credit card purchase payment is usually delayed for 30 days. For example, revenue in August will be made at the end of September or the beginning of October.
    Now I re-read it and I see the -to several months. I'm really sorry I missed it or something happened.
    Thank you.

Hi Andrew,

Is there any hope that reporting tool will start work again? I have no data since 12 October for most of my content, while 2 of them are in best sellers 1st page for Maemo platform and the other appears in Featured every other day.

Just another question regarding Estimated revenue. What is the point of that information any way if payments are done based on actual revenue? Why reporting tool does't show actual revenue, I bet most developers would be much happier to see those values rather than current unpredictable numbers for mysterious "Estimated revenue".

Thank you
    Last edited by pippo2010; 2011-10-17 at 13:38.
    http://inmobisoft.com

Quote Originally Posted by pippo2010 View Post

Is there any hope that reporting tool will start work again? I have no data since 12 October for most of my content, while 2 of them are in best sellers 1st page for Maemo platform and the other appears in Featured every other day.
    Hi Andrew,
    I have exactly the same issue - no data available since 11th October for my content. Any chance we know when this will be fixed?
    Many thanks
    Audrey