Cryptic failure messages from Nokia Store QA

Any help appreciated
    QA Failed
    ISSUE#1
    SUMMARY: Application cant handle device interruption
    STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
    1. Download the content.
    2. Install and launch the content item.
    ACTUAL RESULT: When launching the application is running and a messages its received, the application not prevent the user about the sms.
    EXPECTED RESULT: The application should prevent the user when receiving an sms.
    AFFECTED DEVICES: N9 Firmware v10.2011.34-1_PR_001.
    FREQUENCY REPRODUCED: 100% (public, Qa in progress -> Qa failed)
    Does this mean I should prevent SMS somehow? My game works mainly in C++, except for the main menu, which is implemented using Harmattan components.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Cryptic failure messages from Nokia Store QA

there appears to be something wrong with the template, the idea probably is that the aplication should not prevent normal reception of SMS messages. Thus run your application, send SMS to it, and see what happens

Hi symbianyucca,
    Thanks for the prompt reply! I just tried and both in-game (qt c++, graphicsview) and in the main menu (qml) there is a notification bar popping up saying an sms was received and also showing the content (it disappears after a few seconds). I don't understand why this should be disabled..? I'm using an N950 with beta2 firmware.

Edit: In addition, if I need to change the behaviour of how SMS are received/shown, I need to include more stuff in the Aegis manifest, don't I?
    Edit 2: The .deb can be downloaded from http://projects.developer.nokia.com/MTCatchShake/ (version 1.0.1)

Maybe it's a bug in N9 firmware that prevents the notification being shown as on the N950 the notification works?

How could I go around contacting the QA peeps as clearly whoever wrote this report did it probably in another language and then used google translate or such

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by miika.ahdesmaki View Post
    Maybe it's a bug in N9 firmware that prevents the notification being shown as on the N950 the notification works?

How could I go around contacting the QA peeps as clearly whoever wrote this report did it probably in another language and then used google translate or such
    Hi Miika,

I apologize for the improper wording of this report. Can you please send us an email at developer.support@nokia.com and provide us with the content item link? Please tag [Discussion Board] at the beginning of your subject line so I can extract your email from our system.

I will ask the QA team further clarification and revert back to you.

Andrew

Many thanks for the prompt reply Andrew! I just sent email to developer.support and did as you asked.
    Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Miika

Nokia Developer Expert

Many thanks for the prompt reply Andrew! I just sent email to developer.support and did as you asked.
    Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Miika
    Hi Miika,

I've located your email and am currently getting further clarification from the QA team. Please stay tuned for the update.

Andrew

Resolved, much appreciated!

Hi Andrew,
    OK, the game is now in the Store but unfortunately my latest comments on the weird QA feedback ended up on the Store as well! Andrew, is there anything you could do to remove that stuff from the Store please?

I don't see the comments in the browser but I do on the Harmattan Store client. Additionally, the image I uploaded has flipped 90 degrees on the Harmattan client.
    http://store.ovi.com/content/210547?...e=search&pos=5

Nokia Developer Champion

At least I don't see any comments on Trap, Shake, Kill 'em "page" with N950 Ovi Store client. 800x480 landscape images being shown in landscape is normal, but I don't know if it's intentional or not. Anyway I have just thought that that way bigger image fits to screen.

Btw. When I put the game to background ( game in main menu view), animation does not stop. In other words I don't see any power saving and game will kill battery quite fast if it's not closed (this should have been tested in qa process too).

Edit: Oops, the description has weird comments in "new in this version section", indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by mikkovtr View Post
    Btw. When I put the game to background ( game in main menu view), animation does not stop. In other words I don't see any power saving and game will kill battery quite fast if it's not closed (this should have been tested in qa process too).
    The unbelievably nicely working multitasking is one of the strongest features in Harmattan and what good is it, if app/games makes it impossible to use. (I made the same mistake by forgotting to stop one minor process that ended up eating 3% CPU time, when the game was in the background. Luckily the the QA sent me a notice, week after it was published, about that problem, so I was able send new versions.) Sorry Miika, for messing your thread, hopefully Andrew sees this and help you with your problem and also, requests the QA team to be more strict with the CPU usage thing.

Hi Mikko,
    Thanks for the feedback. I must have forgotten to check the state of the window in qml to stop that animation when the window is minimised. I'll update that in the next version. In the game itself (not qml) all timers are stopped when the window is minimised so none of the items on screen get changed.

And yes, I'd like those comments removed (for the sake of Nokia QA

I've fixed the main menu animation bug, changed the way the time/traps-left indicator works in-game and submitted a new version to Store QA. I also changed the Release Notes so hopefully my previous rant is no longer visible when the new version hits the Store

Nokia Developer Expert

I've fixed the main menu animation bug, changed the way the time/traps-left indicator works in-game and submitted a new version to Store QA. I also changed the Release Notes so hopefully my previous rant is no longer visible when the new version hits the Store
    Sorry Miika for taking this long to respond. I've checked your content item for "Trap, Shake, Lill 'em" and the latest version has been published on the store. It does appear properly when viewing on the PC store client. Can you confirm that you no longer see issues with the description?

Andrew