Discussion Board

QT app doing network operation, Not able to answer/reject Incoming call for few sec

Hi,

Application - QT(hybrid symbian),
    Devices - S^3
    Operation - App is currently checking with network Server (qnetworkmanager HTTP Post/get) , fetches Settings as XML , parses it and applies them on the device. ( Settings received are Wifi AccessPoint)

So if there are 8-10 settings queued upon the server and when my app is receiving/applying those ( one setting at a time) & when i receive a call, the LSK/RSK buttons are disabled for a while before i can use it.

I tried moving this entire operation to a Thread, but it didnt make much of a difference.

Also i had a CallObserver which tries to stop the Thread, but the thread wont die till it finishes up its Operation.

Any Idea how to handle this. I expected the OS to prempt and give the Incoming Call more priority, which doesnt happen

Thanks,
    RAvi

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: QT app doing network operation, Not able to answer/reject Incoming call for few s

If an application can prevent normal operation of the phone application such an accepting incoming calls I tend to consider it as a bug.

Your observation is important and please create a bug report here and there.

Your contribution is highly appreciated! You will be able to follow up the status of your qt bug report.

You are (VV)elcome,
    /dev/null

Re: QT app doing network operation, Not able to answer/reject Incoming call for few s

Well, i made some few tweaks & with the CallObserver starting/stopping the thread I could attend the calls now though with a few sec delay.

There looks to be a dependency on the network speed too, which adds some secs before which the call window activates.

We were also in doubt about the CCommsDatabase, getting a write lock ( which our app does while applying wifi settings for every profile downloaded). May be the incoming call also tries to access the dB internally.

Clueless !!!