I'm quite new to Symbian C++.
I've developed an S60v5 (S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0) GUI app that does what I need and works fine.
But I can't resolve a few problems, I'm tired with searching so I decided to ask you for help
1. The app icon - I changed svg file, rebuilded and... nothing changed. The generated mif is allways the same - 5170 bytes long. And of course icon doesn't change in the phone. Is there any way to convert svg to mif?
2. Is there an event like OnActivate/OnShow or similar? I need to do something within the app when user brings it to front from background.
3. When I install my app on the phone I have 3 messages:
- warning, that the app is not trusted, and I understand this (I use self signed sis)
- warning, that the app is not compatibile with phone (and I don't understand why - it's C5-03 with S60v5)
- and 3rd warning that the app want to read users data (allow/cancel). I thought that phone debug (GCCE) build is responsible for this, but after building with release option nothing changed, the message is sitll present during installation process. I tried with an empty GUI S60 application (empty project with simple menu that has a few options showing messages) and it also had this message. I thought that it might be because it uses a file saved on the device, but after removing all lines responsible for file access nothing changed.
What should I do to avoid second and third message during installation?