Discussion Board

Access MiFare Classic card: Issue while migrating code from Nokia 6131 to Nokia 600

Hi There,

We are working on Contactless card reader application for Nokia 6131.We are working with the 4 byte MifareClassic cards.But now have a requirement to support 7 byte UID on the same cards.

Till now we were using MFStandardConnection Interface to get the 4 Byte UID of MifareClassic card.

Now we need to get 7 Byte UID of MifareClassic 7 Byte UID cards.

GetUID method on MFStandardConnection Interface returns only 4 byte UID so unable to use it now.

I read somewhere that symbian SDK 3 includes the required JSR-257 extension. does anyone have any idea about the interface and method which could return serial number of card in this SDK for 7-byte?

Appreciate your input.

Regards,
    Pranaw

Regular Contributor

Re: Access MiFare Classic card: Issue while migrating code from Nokia 6131 to Nokia 6

Quote Originally Posted by pranawcs View Post
    Hi There,

We are working on Contactless card reader application for Nokia 6131.We are working with the 4 byte MifareClassic cards.But now have a requirement to support 7 byte UID on the same cards.

Till now we were using MFStandardConnection Interface to get the 4 Byte UID of MifareClassic card.

Now we need to get 7 Byte UID of MifareClassic 7 Byte UID cards.

GetUID method on MFStandardConnection Interface returns only 4 byte UID so unable to use it now.

I read somewhere that symbian SDK 3 includes the required JSR-257 extension. does anyone have any idea about the interface and method which could return serial number of card in this SDK for 7-byte?

Appreciate your input.

Regards,
    Pranaw
    Instead MFStansardConnection use NDEFTag connection or PlainTagConnection
    Regards,
    Pradip

Re: Access MiFare Classic card: Issue while migrating code from Nokia 6131 to Nokia 6

Hi All,

First of all thanks Pradip for suggesting SimpleTagConnection,

However, I see there is issue with SimpleTagConnection as it clearly says - interface defines the necessary methods for reading and writing data and for other basic operations of the Simple Tag RFID ICs.

which will lead security issue as it can be accessed even from a distance and can't be used for reliable systems like mobile payment.

So, I was wondering if somebody can provide method within com.nokia.nfc.nxp.mfstd package so, I don't need to bother about security.

Please suggest.

Regards,
    Pranaw

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello Pranaw,

have you considered whether you could use the URL connection string for the purpose?:

public void targetDetected(TargetProperties[] prop) {

try {

TargetProperties target = prop[0];

String url = target.getUrl(); // Returns the URL in full with f.ex. nfc:ndef;type=jewel;uid=53cd8c44383b28

int uidIndex = 0;
    uidIndex = url.toLowerCase().indexOf("uid"); // greps the uid from the URL string f.ex. uid=53cd8c44383b28

String uid = url.substring(uidIndex+4); // delivers the number part of the String uid=53cd8c44383b28

}

Regards,
    r2j7
    [URL="http://library.forum.nokia.com/java"][B] >>> Java Developer's Library <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/Technical_support.xhtml"] [B]>>> Technical Support for Java ME development <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://publish.ovi.com/info/"][B]>>> Nokia Publish: reach millions of Nokia users worldwide through Nokia Store <<<[/B][/URL]

Hi r2j7

I got you point but the logic you have specified not working .
    The connection MFStandardConnection is secured connection therefore we adopt it.
    The NDEF connection is not secured.
    If anybody know how to make connection with MFStandardConnection, so that Nokia 603 will support for Mifare 1k(7 byte UID) card could read.

Please replay soon,

Thank you,