Discussion Board

Certificate Problem

Hi all,

1. i developed a application which is running successfully on simulator but when i installed it on symbian device it is running in background rather than foreground.

2. so, i sent my code to Nokia and those people tested it successfully, and re-sent me the code with a sis file. When i tried to installed that sis file on my device, it flashes a error, "certificate error.contact the application supplier".

i tried to create a Certificate and key for that same SIS file, following guidelines given in link
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...gn_Certificate

but for me the command prompt says, makekeys is not recognized as a command.

how to run this sis file on a symbian device which has a certificate error.
    or how to generate a Custom Certificate for this SIS file. (any command that can be used to generate)

any suggestions..........

br
    bhupesh

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Certificate Problem

Basically you would need to use signsis (try it with command line as signsis -? to get all options for it) to first remove the signature, then make certificate & key file (or get key & certificate from Nokia store) and use the signsis to resign the file.