Discussion Board

Thread: Failed QA

Thumbs down Failed QA

HI andrew,

i got following reply from QA team, i am really unable to find how to resolve the error:

Failed QA.
    SUMMARY: The following disclaimer should be included in the metadata for the devices: N82, N95, N95_8GB and E90 Communicator to pass. Disclaimer: "Some Widget applications may not work on early device software versions (firmware) on some devices. To ensure this Widget application functions properly, it is recommended that your device is updated with the latest device software by using Nokia Software Updater."

thanks
    -Sushant

Re: Failed QA

Hi Sushant,

I think directions in the SUMMARY. Probably they ask you include "Some Widget applications may not work on early device software versions (firmware) on some devices. To ensure this Widget application functions properly, it is recommended that your device is updated with the latest device software by using Nokia Software Updater." at the end of the item description.
    http://inmobisoft.com

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by pippo2010 View Post
    Hi Sushant,

I think directions in the SUMMARY. Probably they ask you include "Some Widget applications may not work on early device software versions (firmware) on some devices. To ensure this Widget application functions properly, it is recommended that your device is updated with the latest device software by using Nokia Software Updater." at the end of the item description.
    This is correct. To minimize erroneous downloads and negative user experiences, this disclaimer "Some Widget applications may not work on early device software versions (firmware) on some devices. To ensure this Widget application functions properly, it is recommended that your device is updated with the latest device software by using Nokia Software Updater" needs to be tagged at the end of your metadata description. Once you have done this, please resubmit your content item for a quick review.

Andrew

While this was my first thought too (I moved the thread here yesterday, just did not dare answer), now I would like to point out that the failure notice is a bit misleading as it suggests there may be support for device-specific metadata. I have not found such thing when checked the guide yesterday, and your answers do not suggest that either.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    While this was my first thought too (I moved the thread here yesterday, just did not dare answer), now I would like to point out that the failure notice is a bit misleading as it suggests there may be support for device-specific metadata. I have not found such thing when checked the guide yesterday, and your answers do not suggest that either.
    Sadly, there is no separate metadata for specific devices. This description would be broadcast to all selected devices in the distribution on top of the N82, N95, N95_8GB and E90 Communicator devices.

If you are concerned about the 500 character limit and wish to restrict this message to the affected devices, you may duplicate your application to a new content item ID and distribute this content to the mentioned group of devices. There must be no overlap in the device distribution when you submit this application.

Andrew

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post

If you are concerned about the 500 character limit and wish to restrict this message to the affected devices, you may duplicate your application to a new content item ID and distribute this content to the mentioned group of devices. There must be no overlap in the device distribution when you submit this application.

Andrew
    This is a classic and works well.

But: would be putting this into the SIS also be an acceptable solution?
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Quote Originally Posted by tamhanna View Post
    This is a classic and works well.

But: would be putting this into the SIS also be an acceptable solution?
    I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Are you saying that users who download the application would get a notification when launching the app that it will only work on later firmwares? If so, then this would not be particularly helpful since earlier firmwares would have issues installing the app in the first place and hence would miss out on this information.

Super Contributor

Hello,
    this is what I meant - to put it into the SIS installer.

But you are right here, it could cause problems for ppl who refuse to update their firmware for some reason.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog