×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Failed QA

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs down Failed QA

    HI andrew,

    i got following reply from QA team, i am really unable to find how to resolve the error:

    Failed QA.
    SUMMARY: The following disclaimer should be included in the metadata for the devices: N82, N95, N95_8GB and E90 Communicator to pass. Disclaimer: "Some Widget applications may not work on early device software versions (firmware) on some devices. To ensure this Widget application functions properly, it is recommended that your device is updated with the latest device software by using Nokia Software Updater."

    thanks
    -Sushant

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    228

    Re: Failed QA

    Hi Sushant,

    I think directions in the SUMMARY. Probably they ask you include "Some Widget applications may not work on early device software versions (firmware) on some devices. To ensure this Widget application functions properly, it is recommended that your device is updated with the latest device software by using Nokia Software Updater." at the end of the item description.
    http://inmobisoft.com

  3. #3
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    492

    Re: Failed QA

    Quote Originally Posted by pippo2010 View Post
    Hi Sushant,

    I think directions in the SUMMARY. Probably they ask you include "Some Widget applications may not work on early device software versions (firmware) on some devices. To ensure this Widget application functions properly, it is recommended that your device is updated with the latest device software by using Nokia Software Updater." at the end of the item description.
    This is correct. To minimize erroneous downloads and negative user experiences, this disclaimer "Some Widget applications may not work on early device software versions (firmware) on some devices. To ensure this Widget application functions properly, it is recommended that your device is updated with the latest device software by using Nokia Software Updater" needs to be tagged at the end of your metadata description. Once you have done this, please resubmit your content item for a quick review.

    Andrew

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    28,566

    Re: Failed QA

    While this was my first thought too (I moved the thread here yesterday, just did not dare answer), now I would like to point out that the failure notice is a bit misleading as it suggests there may be support for device-specific metadata. I have not found such thing when checked the guide yesterday, and your answers do not suggest that either.

  5. #5
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    492

    Re: Failed QA

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    While this was my first thought too (I moved the thread here yesterday, just did not dare answer), now I would like to point out that the failure notice is a bit misleading as it suggests there may be support for device-specific metadata. I have not found such thing when checked the guide yesterday, and your answers do not suggest that either.
    Sadly, there is no separate metadata for specific devices. This description would be broadcast to all selected devices in the distribution on top of the N82, N95, N95_8GB and E90 Communicator devices.

    If you are concerned about the 500 character limit and wish to restrict this message to the affected devices, you may duplicate your application to a new content item ID and distribute this content to the mentioned group of devices. There must be no overlap in the device distribution when you submit this application.

    Andrew

  6. #6
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,020

    Re: Failed QA

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post


    If you are concerned about the 500 character limit and wish to restrict this message to the affected devices, you may duplicate your application to a new content item ID and distribute this content to the mentioned group of devices. There must be no overlap in the device distribution when you submit this application.

    Andrew
    This is a classic and works well.

    But: would be putting this into the SIS also be an acceptable solution?
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    492

    Re: Failed QA

    Quote Originally Posted by tamhanna View Post
    This is a classic and works well.

    But: would be putting this into the SIS also be an acceptable solution?
    I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Are you saying that users who download the application would get a notification when launching the app that it will only work on later firmwares? If so, then this would not be particularly helpful since earlier firmwares would have issues installing the app in the first place and hence would miss out on this information.

  8. #8
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,020

    Re: Failed QA

    Hello,
    this is what I meant - to put it into the SIS installer.

    But you are right here, it could cause problems for ppl who refuse to update their firmware for some reason.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Similar Threads

  1. [HELP]eclipse build failed, preverification failed
    By yanchenfr in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-02-19, 21:41
  2. error : * cpp failed * epocaif.pl failed
    By ash_leo in forum Symbian C++
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2008-11-11, 12:38
  3. getting error * cpp failed ,* epocaif.pl failed
    By sunilkumar in forum Symbian C++
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2007-08-24, 10:57
  4. nokia 6630 and JABWT: authorisation failed (authorization failed)
    By activetools in forum Mobile Java Networking & Messaging & Security
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2006-06-30, 08:15
  5. ERROR: RCMake failed: (Bitmaps): bmconv.exe failed with code 5
    By Dexterp37 in forum Symbian Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2005-09-07, 08:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •