Discussion Board

Hiding and destroying application

Hello!
    Could anyone answer my questions about java language:
    1. When I push the End Call button on the phone(Nokia 5228), while using my application, appears a message “Close application?”. Can I pause the application instead of exit? If yes, then How can I do It?
    2. I use the Nokia phone with Touch Screen and want to edit the Item on the screen. The type of this item is TextField(Name, Text, 15, TextField.PHONENUMBER).
    I always have to double click on the Item to appear virtual keyboard. Can I change double click for a single click? Can I change it for other Types of Items? How can I do it?
    Last edited by Vovandz; 2011-10-18 at 15:38.

Regular Contributor

Re: Hiding and destroying application

Quote Originally Posted by Vovandz View Post
    Hello!
    Could anyone answer my questions about java language:
    1. When I push the End Call button on the phone(Nokia 5228), while using my application, appears a message “Close application?”. Can I pause the application instead of exit? If yes, then How can I do It?
    2. I use the Nokia phone with Touch Screen and want to edit the Item on the screen. The type of this item is TextField(Name, Text, 15, TextField.PHONENUMBER).
    I always have to double click on the Item to appear virtual keyboard. Can I change double click for a single click? Can I change it for other Types of Items? How can I do it?
    1) Try to call pauseApp methode in destroyApp methode but in this case don't call notifyDestroyed.
    2)For calling virtual keyboard you have to double click on textfield,I think there is no any way to avoid double clicking,becouse instead of textfield if you use textbox item,here in this case if you single click on textbox full screen editor window will open and again for entering text you have to single click on full screen editor.i.e. here also you have to double click.
    Regards,
    Pradip

Thank you for your answer.
    1. “ Try to call pauseApp methode in destroyApp methode but in this case don't call notifyDestroyed” – it doesn’t works. I think, I should find the key listener and change the reaction on key Call end, but, It is a system key, that’s why I can’t change it…
    2. Maybe TextBox is better then TextField, but for phones without touch screen in becomes inconvenient.

Regular Contributor

1. “ Try to call pauseApp methode in destroyApp methode but in this case don't call notifyDestroyed” – it doesn’t works. I think, I should find the key listener and change the reaction on key Call end, but, It is a system key, that’s why I can’t change it…
    2. Maybe TextBox is better then TextField, but for phones without touch screen in becomes inconvenient.
    In point 1,what is happening?what error you are getting?
    Regards,
    Pradip

If I understand you correctly, you wrote me to execute pauseApp() in destroyApp

Example:
    public void destroyApp(boolean unconditional) {
    pauseApp();
    }
    But the phone still ends the application.
    There is no errors….

Regular Contributor

If I understand you correctly, you wrote me to execute pauseApp() in destroyApp

Example:
    public void destroyApp(boolean unconditional) {
    pauseApp();
    }
    But the phone still ends the application.
    There is no errors….
    Oh,sorry my mistake,i forgot that you are exiting app by pressing red key of mobile,by pressing red key destroyApp will call by application manager with notifydestroyed.i think it is difficult to pause app in this case.
    Regards,
    Pradip

Quote Originally Posted by pradip7 View Post
    Oh,sorry my mistake,i forgot that you are exiting app by pressing red key of mobile,by pressing red key destroyApp will call by application manager with notifydestroyed.i think it is difficult to pause app in this case.
    If it difficult, can you help me with writing right question for google, what should ask to receive the right answer, how to change the reaction on call end button? Or give me please some article on this theme.

I think that I found the answer. For the nokia phones, you should write in manifest the line Nokia-MIDlet-no-exit: true
    But now a have another question, how can i write it from netbeans? Where all of this options are located?

Regular Contributor

I think that I found the answer. For the nokia phones, you should write in manifest the line Nokia-MIDlet-no-exit: true
    But now a have another question, how can i write it from netbeans? Where all of this options are located?
    right click on project->property->Application descriptor->select attributes tab->click on add->type Nokia-MIDlet-no-exit->set value as true->click ok
    Regards,
    Pradip

Quote Originally Posted by pradip7 View Post
    right click on project->property->Application descriptor->select attributes tab->click on add->type Nokia-MIDlet-no-exit->set value as true->click ok
    line Nokia-MIDlet-no-exit: true is for s40 series
    line Nokia-MIDlet-No-Exit: true is for s60 series, I check this instruction.
    all commands for midlet you can find in the nokia library, if you want. The article called JAD and JAR manifest attributes.

Regular Contributor

line Nokia-MIDlet-no-exit: true is for s40 series
    line Nokia-MIDlet-No-Exit: true is for s60 series, I check this instruction.
    all commands for midlet you can find in the nokia library, if you want. The article called JAD and JAR manifest attributes.
    thanks vovandz !
    Regards,
    Pradip