Discussion Board

When uninstalling, how to ask whether user wants to remove app data completely or not

Hi!

I'm making an game which stores high scores in [gamename].conf file.

In Ovi Store entry requirements, it is said that

"Verifies if the user wants to delete any related user content before application uninstallation "

So, how this can be achieved? What must I do to be able to ask the user whether he wants that data file to be removed, i.e., wiping out the application completely, when removing the application and its data? Shall I make somekind of a script or a binary just for asking that question? Or is there any framework for it?

The conf file is not large in size.

Another question is that the .conf file is currently stored in the following folder:

resultPath = QDesktopServices::storageLocation(QDesktopServices:ataLocation);
    QString tmpPath = resultPath.left(resultPath.lastIndexOf('/'));
    qDebug() << "tmpPath" << tmpPath;

("tmpPath /home/developer/.local/share//data/")

Is this ok path?

In Harmattan Data Storage document , it is said that The XDG Base Directory Specification is supported, although the environment variables stated in XDG specs are not set, at least in the terminal. Why?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: When uninstalling, how to ask whether user wants to remove app data completely or

Hi,
    No idea why that requirement is there since it's not really possible to achieve that.
    Just leave your config file there. It should not be a problem for QA!
    Last edited by gnuton; 2011-10-20 at 11:58.