Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Payment Less And Less!!!

You can see from the picture.Last two month's payment become less and less than before.
    I really feel disappoint about the payment of last two month.
    The september's and october's payment should be more than 2000EUR.But it is just over 1000EUR.
    I wish someone can explain about this.Thanks.

PS:I sent a mail to support team last month.They only analysis the payment period and payment percent.I think this is a useless reply.

If you have the same problem,please post here!
    Last edited by magine; 2011-11-22 at 13:48.

Re: Payment Less And Less!!!

Yes I'm seeing exactly the same issue.
    Up until August payment has followed about 4 months behind estimated. This has been true for at least the last 12 months, but in September and October payments are no longer anything like the estimate from 4 months before.

This urgently needs an explanation from Ovi.

Super Contributor

One possible explanation: Nokia's device sales has tanked (in particular, smartphone sales is down by 38%). The most active content purchasers are the smartphone users. If Nokia is losing smartphone users in the millions, it has to have some effect also on content sales.

http://press.nokia.com/2011/10/20/no...-eps-eur-0-02/

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    One possible explanation: Nokia's device sales has tanked (in particular, smartphone sales is down by 38%). The most active content purchasers are the smartphone users. If Nokia is losing smartphone users in the millions, it has to have some effect also on content sales.

http://press.nokia.com/2011/10/20/no...-eps-eur-0-02/
    Not exactly!The nokia's device sales may affect the content sales and the estimated revenue.But it is none business of my questions.Here talk the relationship between estimated revenue and payment.
    Last edited by magine; 2011-10-21 at 10:02.

Regular Contributor

Exactly same question do have I!
    Each month I sell my apps with the same amount of the estimated revenue and I getting the almost the same amount of money from Nokia (approximately it should be like: estimated revenue 3 months ago = real money this month) But last 2 month I got less and less real money from Nokia even if estimated revenue 3-5 month ago were equally high.
    Lets say: e.g. if my estimated revenue is approximately 1000 EUR each month last 10 months (+ - 100 EUR), I got around 1000 in Jun, July and August, ...but September only 500 EUR and October only 550 EUR. Something is wrong in Ovi Store payment system.
    Definitely it is nothing to do with statement "Nokia's device sales has tanked (smartphone sales is down by 38%)". Sales of devices != sales of app in ovi store, ..at least it is not visible in ovi publisher reports in my case.

As I already complained, Estimated revenue numbers are quite useless. They do not show if content was sold with credit card payment (means usually delay is 1 month) or through operator billing (delay up to 6 months). So no way to really estimate the real payment that will arrive. Dear Nokia, please, can we have at least additional info about through which payment system content was sold (I don't see any privacy issues here)? Probably that will also explain such fluctuations in real payment as if one month it was mostly operator billing than next month payment will drop significantly.
    http://inmobisoft.com

I have the same issue!!
    "But last 2 month I got less and less real money from Nokia even if estimated revenue 3-5 month ago were equally high"
    - that is completely true. I have less payment even if estimated revenue is higher then 2 months ago! And as I see from this thread many have the same issue two. So there are two options: either we have really wrong reporting and sells dropped down dramatically or Nokia has changed payment procedure (probably there is now a delay in 2-3 months or something like that).

Can anyone from Nokia officially comment this issue as publisher support doesn't have any reasonable explanations?
    Last edited by pls125; 2011-10-21 at 17:43.

You can see the issue in this graph of estimated sales V actual payments.
    Payments flow behind by 4~5 months, so after a peak in sales you get a peak in revenues 4~5 months later. In my case this meant that payments were greater than sales for a few months.

BUT... look at the last two months payments, they do not follow sales at all!

Regular Contributor

jscurtis, you are absolutely right, but the situation magine is talking about is slightly different (and I am facing exactly the same problem): sales (and estimared revenues) grow constantly (no significant peaks!), while payouts drop. The reason for decreasing payouts cannot be caused by the up to 180 days delay because the sales are constant (increasing).
    My only theory is, that operator payments are sent to Nokia in batches (for instance every 6 months) which would lead to high payouts every 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by pixsta View Post
    jscurtis, you are absolutely right, but the situation magine is talking about is slightly different (and I am facing exactly the same problem): sales (and estimared revenues) grow constantly (no significant peaks!), while payouts drop. The reason for decreasing payouts cannot be caused by the up to 180 days delay because the sales are constant (increasing).
    My only theory is, that operator payments are sent to Nokia in batches (for instance every 6 months) which would lead to high payouts every 6 months.
    I think that this is not caused by the operator payment period(180days).
    I understand your theory.But I don't agree with this.The payment should be constant increasing.
    I think the payment system must have problem.
    Last edited by magine; 2011-10-22 at 12:32.

Same situation here with payment/sales
    The drop has been dramatic in both areas ...October the worst ...
    We have 500+ items on store, so it's not a matter of one product ending its life cycle....
    Overall, we have only received 50% of the total estimated sales for the year, not counting what was pending from 2010.

We really hope someone from Nokia will come out and finally clarify this situation for us...
    Really dissapointed....
    PG

Nokia Developer Expert

Just a reminder, payments that you receive this month accounts for the cumulated amount up to the end of the previous month.

The month in which you receive payments from the operator billing portion cannot be predicted due to the fact that operator billing can take up to several months to process. That said, the credit card portion should be fully accounted for in each payout cycle.

I am escalating this issue to the management team however and will update you when I hear further information.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post
    operator billing can take up to several months to process.
    Sure, but given the fact that many people have the same issue for the same months even if the estimated revenue growth constantly it's clear that something wrong here.
    Thank you,
    willl be waiting for updates.

Regular Contributor

My 5 cents:

03.2011 - 636.72€ estimated, 0€ paid;
    04.2011 - 2607.12€ estimated, 725.99€ paid;
    05.2011 - 3291.73€ estimated, 767.62€ paid;
    06.2011 - 6019.78€ estimated, 1838.71€ paid;
    07.2011 - 7138.69€ estimated, 2929.52€ paid;
    08.2011 - 6876.12€ estimated, 1663.04€ paid;
    09.2011 - 8530.39€ estimated, 2471.91€ paid.

So, total paid amount is 9993.99€, which is approximately March+April+May+June/2. Seems normal to me, considering delay with operator payments.

I also only got 20% of the revenue I was supposed to have... I'm concerned.
    Last edited by fredericobsantos; 2011-10-24 at 15:39.