Our company develops a Symbian application, and from the first app release onwards we are facing a critical compatibility issue described below. We would appreciate any ideas and tips for resolving it:
- the phone freezes for a few minutes on app installation completion
- the phone freezes for a few minutes on the first attempt to access the Applications menu. After "defreeze" the App menu is navigable and the application can be launched and used normally.
- if the phone is restarted(by holding on the "power button"), clicking the system's Applications menu icon always freezes the phone at first access. After de-freeze, exiting the menu and returning to it the problem is not present, and our app can be launched normally.
In other words, the phone hault happens before the application itself is even launched.
Affected phone models:
- all RDA-supported phone models running Symbian ^3 and Symbian Anna (also tested on in-house Nokia C7 and N8).
- Symbian S60- based models are not affected
Application installed to the phones via:
- Ovi Store
- USB connection(Nokia PC suite)
Development tools used:
Qt SDK 4.7.3 (application compiled into .sis installer)
Our assumptions on the problem cause so far:
We believe that the issue is most likely caused by some incompatibility between the developer tools(Qt SDK) we use and the current components of Symbian ^3 and Symbian Anna(in particular, Smart Installer may be to blame). But this does not give us any clue to solving the issue, because such system incompatibility can not be fixed on our own.
Thank you in advance!