Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Product cannot be found when using certain nokia models.

Ovi Store - The distribution list of my application (Tracesaver) included Nokia C7-00 and Nokia N8-00. But the published application is not available for both these handsets.
    I have contacted OVI support so many times regarding this already they have never got back to me.

Please can anyone help suggest anything? Would be much appreciated.

Super Contributor

Re: Product cannot be found when using certain nokia models.

You can send some private message for example to Andrew? That might help worth to try.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by emilija21 View Post
    Ovi Store - The distribution list of my application (Tracesaver) included Nokia C7-00 and Nokia N8-00. But the published application is not available for both these handsets.
    I have contacted OVI support so many times regarding this already they have never got back to me.

Please can anyone help suggest anything? Would be much appreciated.
    Hi Emilija,

I believe I had sent you two responses via email regarding your applications Tracesaver. I will attempt resending them again. Please check your junk/spam folder in case they are being filtered to the wrong place.

Just to be sure, I will paste the contents of the email in a private message.

Andrew

Hi Emilija,

This has been fixed. Can you check and see if you can find your content using a Nokia C7-00 or N8-00?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Thanks, he really helped

Hi Andrew,

I have searched for the app using both Nokia models, but the second Tracesaver app is still not available for those phones. There are two parts of the app and the main part is not available for Nokia C7-00 and N8-00:

http://store.ovi.com/content/159951

Regards,

Emilija

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post
    Hi Emilija,

This has been fixed. Can you check and see if you can find your content using a Nokia C7-00 or N8-00?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by emilija21 View Post
    Hi Andrew,

I have searched for the app using both Nokia models, but the second Tracesaver app is still not available for those phones. There are two parts of the app and the main part is not available for Nokia C7-00 and N8-00:

http://store.ovi.com/content/159951

Regards,

Emilija
    Hi Emilija,

It seems your latest submission for #159951 has just encountered issues for several devices. I've sent you a private message with further information.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I have tried sending you a private message however you have "exceeded your stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

This is the message:

Hi Andrew,

That's what I thought too, however when the customers in Iran do search for TraceSaver app they get message - Not available in your country. And the distribution list does include Iran. Please see message from one of our customers.

"I tried to download from my mobile phone and PC but it is impossible to download since this is restricted for my country , even though I tried to download by VPN It was still unsuccessful to download the file for Nokia 5800. Also please see the following path reagrding to OVI store in IRAN:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...an/td-p/742228 "

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Emilija

I have escalated this to the development team to get their insight. Please stay tuned for the update.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

Thanks Andrew, I will be waiting for your update on this problem.

Hi Andrew,

Any news on this issue?

Thanks

Hi,

My apologies on my response. I had cleared this up with the development team and it would appear that countries such as Iran, Cuba, and North Korea are not supported by the Nokia Store. We are updating the Nokia Store Statistics page to remove this from the distribution map.
    Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Ok, thanks for clearing that up with the development team, for me.

I have another problem :

I can only find 1 part (the utility) of the Tracesaver app in OVI store, when using Nokia E63 and Nokia E5 - both Tracesaver parts should be available for these phones.

When I login to the developers account ---> go to Content---> Distribution list both phone models are included in the list.

So basically there are two Tracesaver app parts (Utility and main app) and when I search for Tracesaver I get this message : Sorry, this item (main app) is not available for the Nokia E63 (and Nokia E5-00).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Emilija

It seems that E63, E5, and several other devices was just added today. This app is currently being reviewed for those devices and should be completed in a few days. Check the store sometime next week and it should show up (assuming no issues are found with this resubmission).
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post
    It seems that E63, E5, and several other devices was just added today. This app is currently being reviewed for those devices and should be completed in a few days. Check the store sometime next week and it should show up (assuming no issues are found with this resubmission).

Yes, E63 and E5 was only added to the distribution list when I first emailed you.

But let me try explaining that you would understand properly:

As you already know there are two parts of 'Tracesaver' - Utility and Main app.
    I can't find the main app when using E63 and E5. The utility part is available.

In the Main app part's distribution list the two phones are included and this list haven't been changed for a couple months now. However I still cannot find the the Main part.

Only the 'Utility' distribution list has been changed just in case, even though I could find this part with E63 and E5. This change made no difference and I still cannot find the main part of the app.

Hope you understand.

Thanks,
    Emilija