Discussion Board

App is not started!

Hi!

I have wrote qt application and have installed it on Symbian^1 device Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. When I try launch this application it is not started. Application require Qt 4.7.3 libraries installed on device but this libraries is not preinstalled on Nokia 5800. I have built self-signed .sis file with smart installer option and have installed it on device. Process installation is exited successfully but application is not started! What is a reason?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: App is not started!

make sure you do build it for Symbian^3 target, and if it still fails to start, do check the panic code for the crash: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ded_panic_code

App isn't starting therefore anything error messages isn't generating. My app UI based on QtQuick 1.0 but QtQuick Components isn't supported in Symbian^1. Can be reason in it?
    Last edited by HellStranger; 2011-10-27 at 13:42.

it is likely starting but simply crashing without giving any visual feedback, thus please do follow the link and get the panic code. Also if you are using non-supported APIs, then please do expect them to work.

I have researched that my app is crashed with the message "Error: 'Failed to create the process (verify that the executable and all required DLLs have been transferred) (an attempt to allocate memory has failed)' Code: -4". My app has above 12 MB resources and it exits with code -4. If I remove 3 MB resources application don't crash but UI not appears. UI is designed with QML elements. My C++ logs is appears in QtCreator debug log but no QML elements on the device screen. OS is Symbian^1. Devices are Nokia 5250 and Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.
    What is the reason?
    Last edited by HellStranger; 2011-10-28 at 07:35.

Super Contributor

QML and Qt quick UI related app will not work with Qt 4.6.3, it is supported in S^3 based devices.

If Qt version is 4.6.3 then it is not supported, if it is 4..7.3 then Qt quick components are supported,,check this table. http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtcreator-2....-in-qt-creator

regards,

-4 would mean KErrNoMemory, i.e. either you run out of RAM or you run out of the default Heap reserved for the app, anyway, no point of trying to use non-sopported APIs, they will never work well.

I know that means KErrNoMemory but I don't understand a reason of this error. There are above 12 Mb resources in my app. This is the only reason. How I can correctly deploy this amount of resources in my app? Is present some limitations to app size or app data block size? And how I can avoid this restrictions?