Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

use s60 sdk library in qt

Hi ,
    I want to use the telephony isv api that is present in S60 3rd edition fp1 in qt. I was not able to get any hint about how to do it. I went through "Using Symbian c++ and qt together" but was of no help. Can anyone please giude me how to do it?

Regards
    Sandeep

Super Contributor

Re: use s60 sdk library in qt

Hi,

That is the right document where you can start, what is the problem you are facing there? There are some example project that you can test first before starting your project. For example

https://projects.developer.nokia.com...browser#source

I am trying to develop an application ffro making a call using Nokia Qt Sdk but there are no apis that provide this funtionality. Therefore I downloaded S60 3rd edition FP1 SDK so as to use its telephony api. The problem I am facing is how to use this api in Qt Sdk !!

Nokia Developer Champion

Just open example suggested by mahbub_s60 and get how Symbian OS C++ and Qt work together.

The things that you have to be careful is:

- In the .pro file to define the import of the library, the definition of the headers of the library and possibly other configurations that you were going to set in the .pkg file (if your project was in Symbian C++ ).
    - Write a class in which you are going to write exactly the code you where going to write as if it was a Symbian C++ project. This class will be used as a wrapper class to the function calls of Symbian C++. So any usage of any function of Symbian C++ it would be better if you create a Qt function in that class in which you are going to make the actual call of the library you want to use.

This will result a Qt class with some public functions usable from everywhere in your project.

This was the easy way but not exactly correct. Since a project of Qt could be compiled for other platforms you should be careful to write the code in a way that it will compile the piece of code appropriate for that platform. For this technique you create forward declarations of "friend" classes. This technique is thoroughly explained in the article that you initially posted: Using Symbian c++ and qt together.

In any case, check the code of the project posted above, compare it with the steps of the article any i am sure you will find your way out.

For any question let us know.

ThankYou very much for the help. Actually i am a newbie in qt thats why got confused!! Going through the link u advised.

Can u pls giude me in making the telephony library!! And how the dll file is generated and linked??

Super Contributor

Hi I think it will ´be easy for you if you take an existing example and see how we wrap Symbian API with Qt. I just checked one example see this one and I try to explain a bit how it is done.
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...:NFCBtChat.zip

This example has a Symbian class (CNfcAiwEngine ) in nfcaiwengine.cpp/h and that is wrapped by NfcAiwWrapper (nfcaiwwrapper.h/cpp) and CNfcAiwEngine *m_aiwEngine; is a member variable in the wrapper class.
    There could be similar project about telephony API but idea is same.

I got how to create dl .

Hi , I downloaded that file and opened in qt but it is not recognizing the qbluetoothaddress.h and other header files. Do I need to download the bluetooth library that u posted earlier

No, you just need to have the Qt Mobility 1.2 installed for it to work.

BUT, i am pretty sure you can't use Qt Mobility 1.2 in your device that has S60 3rd. So the only thing you can do with the NFC related project is just to see its code. I am afraid you won't be able to test it.

I used INCLUDEPATH = path where etel3rdparty.h is present
    and LIBS = the etel3rdparty.dll
    and it showed the etel3rdparty on pressing Ctrl+Space in the cpp files.
    Now since the etel3rdparty is in C++ do i need to use different conventions for using ctelephony in my qt class??

I think the above method wont be a problem when i put application in a phone right??
    Last edited by SANDEEP96482; 2011-10-31 at 13:27.

One small correction. At the library definition, you don't add the ".dll". You never include a .dll but the .lib file.
    In any case the correct is the following:
    LIBS += -letel3rdparty

The library file (.lib) is used from the linker and the .dll is needed at runtime. So using the above line is only the half job. You have to define as well where to put the .dll or else it's going to compile fine but it's not going to work when you try to run it. For that reason you need also the following lines:

Code:
    symbian:{
            addFiles.sources = etel3rdparty.dll
    	addFiles.path = /sys/bin
    	DEPLOYMENT += addFiles
    }
    Now you should be able to use the library.

Sorry I used .lib file only.

You mean to say that the should i copy the .dll file to the place where other .dlls are stored in qt ???

THE SECOND PATH THAT IS MENTIONED IS THE PATH WHERE THE .DLL IS PRESENT RIGHT??

Can you pls check this link
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...one-call-in-qt !!
    Should I do this way ??
    I tried the code given in the link but it showed many error.
    Last edited by SANDEEP96482; 2011-11-02 at 09:20.