Discussion Board

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Free Developer Devices

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    The devices appearing on the DDP were a mistake unless you got an e-mail notification about their availability.
    So does it mean that we have to order it again once we get the email?
    http://www.ic-mobile.com/

Oh. I'm not very happy with the communications, it's already a month and a half since the initial announcement and then it was said that there would be more information available soon. Then there were some devices in the DDP page and now this wizard_hu's announcement, with very little detail overall. For developers enthusiastic about the Lumias, it's not very nice to be excited about getting one of these devices to develop for only to be disappointed soon thereafter.

Anyway, none of us should of course feel entitled to free devices, I find that notion greedy and stupid. It's just the emotional rollercoaster of excitement and disappointment that makes happy developers sad.

Nokia Developer Moderator

The accidental finding of the giveaway devices on the DDP page should be treated as some positive progress in my opinion, but Nokia will certainly communicate it on a larger scale when the distribution starts. And also, people will get an e-mail about it.
    What happens to the existing orders is a technical detail in my opinion. They might have survived the removal, but it will get clarified in the announcement I guess. Also, recently there is a nice tracking page for device orders, so you will probably see what is happening (at least the current Launchpad members) when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    The accidental finding of the giveaway devices on the DDP page should be treated as some positive progress in my opinion, but Nokia will certainly communicate it on a larger scale when the distribution starts. And also, people will get an e-mail about it.
    What happens to the existing orders is a technical detail in my opinion. They might have survived the removal, but it will get clarified in the announcement I guess. Also, recently there is a nice tracking page for device orders, so you will probably see what is happening (at least the current Launchpad members) when it happens.
    Can you please clarify what caused this accident or mistake??

No, I can not.

Quote Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
    Can you please clarify what caused this accident or mistake??
    I dont think thats something we need to know. There was a mistake for whatever reason and Nokia does not have to justify it. Its a free phone that represents a huge investment from Nokia and therefore I'm sure that they want to be sure that people that will get it will be using it for the benefit of the platform.

My hope is that anyone (including me) that had it available by mistake, will be get one If not... well... live goes on.

I am not asking for any clarification buddy... was just curious to know

It looks like some people have started getting e-mails. I'm one of the people who got a free E7 back in February, but my Launchpad account expired, and I haven't got an email yet.

All Eligible developer will get the Email at beginning of next week...

Shockreaction: do not worry, I am not a Launchpad member, and I simply received one-time DDP access for ordering the E7 in March. So it is not an issue.

Some posts have been removed due to possible violation of an NDA and/or pressuring others to do such violation. The posts may get restored later, I do not know for sure. Thank you for your understanding.

my god LUMIA 800??

Oops, I didn't realize my posting would risk NDA violation. Sorry for that and thanks for clarification of communications I complained about in post #47 . And seasons greetings to everyone at the forum!

In the parallel thread, http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...for-Developers, you can find a recent (posted around 10 minutes ago) clarification message in the topic from Ron Liechty.