Discussion Board

Signing a single .sis-file for private use only?

Hello there,

I'd like to get my Nokia E66 connected to the wireless lan network of my university. For this purpose I needed to create a policy for the integrated VPN client (with the help of some online tutorials) and also managed to create a .sis-file out of that. So far so good. Then the tutorial told me to let this .sis-file sign by www.symbiansigned.com. I already registered there - but even after having a look in the guide to Symbian Signed, I don't really know what to do.

It seems like Symbian Signed only appeals to developers of commercial applications and not to private users. Is that true? Or what do I have to do in order to get my single .sis-file for non-commercial use signed (if possible)? I already entered the IMEI of my E66 - but then I'm completely lost. What's up with the "Development Certificate"? What is the deal with a "UID"?

Since there is no FAQ on www.symbiansigned.com, I really hope you can answer my questions. Many thanks in advance.

t0e-B

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Signing a single .sis-file for private use only?

UIDs are the unique identifiers user by your application, and developer certificate is the one that you are looking for, it is the certificate & key that allows you to sign&install the sis into your selected test devices.

Although a profile is not a 'real' application, there is at least one UID, in the header of the .pkg file, the
    Code:
    #{"Blabla"},(0x12345678),1,0,0
    -line, the 0x12345678 is the UID of the package. So you need to request at least one UID, and use it in the header, and sign the package with the developer certificate.

Thanks for the replies and your help, I think I can get things working now!

Regards,
    t0e-B

Regular Contributor

Hi All,

i am getting error while creating sis file in command prompt. As give in below link.

i am using s60-3rd-FP1 and carbide.c++ 2.7. pls suggest what i need to use now. as it is appearing release is not supported.

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ing_.sis_files

Sorry, \epoc32\tools\MAKESIS.exe is not supported in this release. Please use a
    different
    device. Use 'devices' to view the available devices.

Quote Originally Posted by lakshmishar View Post
    Hi All,

i am getting error while creating sis file in command prompt. As give in below link.

i am using s60-3rd-FP1 and carbide.c++ 2.7. pls suggest what i need to use now. as it is appearing release is not supported.

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ing_.sis_files

Sorry, \epoc32\tools\MAKESIS.exe is not supported in this release. Please use a
    different
    device. Use 'devices' to view the available devices.
    Please do not hijac other threads with unrealted follow up questions.

Also please do avoid multiposting, you already have asked this question at least in two different threads before this one.

Regular Contributor

ok sure will not do. I thought no one will check. Pls let me know the answer. I am waiting for revert.