Discussion Board

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Help a internal RMI registry port number.

The internal RMI registry port 1099 may be in use by anther application.
    If the SDK does not start select the Networking tab and enter another internal RMI registry port number.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Help a internal RMI registry port number.

Hi,

Can you elaborate a bit more on your problem? What operations are performing? Can you provide a code snippet and explain when the error occurs? What device are you testing on and which SDK are you using?

Hi skalogir,

My operating system is windows 7 64 bits.
    I am using Nokia_SDK_for_Java_offline_v1_0_en, netbeans-7.0.1-ml-windows and Series_40_6th_Edition_SDK_v1_0_en.
    I did every step of the site http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devel...2_Create.xhtml
    Now time to run the World Hello World application, it give error:

"The internal RMI registry port 1099 May Be in use by anther application.
    If the SDK does not start select the Networking tab and enter another internal RMI registry port number."

I think both the application and Nokia_SDK_for_Java_offline_v1_0_en Series_40_6th_Edition_SDK_v1_0_en are using the same port.
    She asks to change the port number, it's just not working.
    What do I do?

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi,

Have you installed any JDKs on your machine? It seems that JDK 7.0 in particular might cause this type of behavior. If you have installed JDK 7.0, you can try to uninstall it and see if that solves the issue. Try also installing/reinstalling JDK 6.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello iseabra,

and welcome to Nokia Developer Discussion Boards!

Here is a complete analysis together with a solution proposal by Nokia's RnD:

This problem seems to be caused by the latest Oracle Java update (#29), which contains a bug in the RMI Registy.

Quote from the release notes:
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...es-507960.html

RMI Registry Issue

A bug in the rmiregistry command included in this release may cause unintended exceptions to be thrown when an RMI server attempts to bind an exported object which includes codebase annotations using the "file:" URL scheme. The RMI servers most likely to be effected are those which are invoked only by RMI clients executing on the same host as the server.

RMI annotates codebase information as part of the serialized state of a remote object reference to assist RMI clients in loading the required classes and interfaces associated with the object at runtime. Exported objects which are looked up in the RMI registry and invoked by RMI clients running on hosts other than the server are usually annotated with codebase URL schemes, such as "http:" or "ftp:" and these should continue to work correctly.

As a workaround, RMI servers can set the java.rmi.server.codebase property to use codebase URLs other than the "file:" scheme for the objects they export.

My personal solution was to uninstall update 29 and install the previous release, though be aware that reverting to an older Java release may expose you to security issues and you should update to the latest Java update as soon as the issue has been resolved, so it's at your own risk and should be seen as a temporary solution.

NOTE: there's no release 28, so you need release 27, which is here:
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ad-440425.html

That should fix everything!

Regards,
    r2j7
    Last edited by r2j7; 2011-11-02 at 15:59.
    [URL="http://library.forum.nokia.com/java"][B] >>> Java Developer's Library <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/Technical_support.xhtml"] [B]>>> Technical Support for Java ME development <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://publish.ovi.com/info/"][B]>>> Nokia Publish: reach millions of Nokia users worldwide through Nokia Store <<<[/B][/URL]

Hi folks,
    I read about 1.6.0_29.
    Sounds fine but I've got 1.6.0_23 (Windows 7 64-bit) and I'm experiencing the same issue.
    That's weird issue prevents me from using emulator.

----
    Sorry folks.
    console java reports 1.6.0_23
    Control Panel java reports the same
    but C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe is 1.6.0_29.
    Last edited by lballo; 2011-11-22 at 18:21. Reason: spelling correction

Hi folks,
    Good news, Oracle has fix this bug in 1.6.0_30.
    欢迎访问JavaME中文Homepage:http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Java_ME_中文_Homepage

I found the same problem. But, before I got to this thread, I tried to change the port number to some random number. Finally, I tried 60 for it. But, when I run it, it like won't show the emulator, and just waiting like forever.

I have installed the JDK 31. And it's still not working. I suspect the port 60 is the cause. Can I change it without load the emulator? Because it didn't load it.

--
    SOLVED

I have found that i don't need any method to change the mri port number. What I do :
    1. Open Neatbeans --> Tools --> Java Platform
    2. Select Nokia SDK 1.1 for Java
    3. Select Tools and Extensions tab
    4. Click Open preferences
    5. Select Networking tab
    6. Change mri port to 1099

Thanks, i think my sleep is the solution. I was exhausted when I got this little itchy problem.
    Last edited by ismailsunni13; 2012-04-09 at 14:21. Reason: Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by iseabra View Post
    The internal RMI registry port 1099 may be in use by anther application.
    If the SDK does not start select the Networking tab and enter another internal RMI registry port number.
    You shutdown Nokia framework (in tray bar )-> run application again
    -enjoy-

"The internal RMI registry port 1099 may be in use by anther application.
    If the SDK does not start select the Networking tab and enter another internal RMI registry port number."

how to start nokia framework in system try ? i'm also getting same problem . help me

Quote Originally Posted by tarik4tech View Post
    "The internal RMI registry port 1099 may be in use by anther application.
    For some strange reason I started to get this error a couple of days ago. It apparently has something to do with Java's update 21. I don't remember if the problem started immediately after the update was installed.

Today I made several tests uninstalling all versions of Java and then installing different versions one at a time. I also uninstalled the Nokia IDE several times.

At the end, I was able to make it work by installing the 32 bits version of the JDK (It's running on a 64 bit Win 8 machine, and I have always used the 64 bits versions of Java without any issues).

Hope this helps.
    -CarlosDL

Regular Contributor

I am affected by the same issue.I tried installing JDK 7 32-bit and have put JRE 7 32-bit as well.I am still getting this error Please help!!

try install jdk 1.7u9, it's working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by arunkam View Post
    I am affected by the same issue.I tried installing JDK 7 32-bit and have put JRE 7 32-bit as well.I am still getting this error Please help!!
    I installed update 21 again a few days ago, and it broke my Nokia SDK again. I uninstalled it and uninstalled the previous JDK too, and then reinstalled the previous version.

The last version that is working well for me is JDK 7 update 17 (32 bits).
    -CarlosDL

So, to summarize, this is what has worked for me:

1. Uninstall any version of Java that is running on your system
    2. Reboot your machine
    3. Install JDK 7 update 17 (32 bits)

I had the JDK 7u17 installer in my system. I don't know if it can still be downloaded from the Oracle site.
    -CarlosDL