Discussion Board

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Help a internal RMI registry port number.

Quote Originally Posted by cadlg View Post
    So, to summarize, this is what has worked for me:

1. Uninstall any version of Java that is running on your system
    2. Reboot your machine
    3. Install JDK 7 update 17 (32 bits)

I had the JDK 7u17 installer in my system. I don't know if it can still be downloaded from the Oracle site.
    Yeah, it works! Last Java update crashes Nokia SDK emulator because when we try to open it, Java creates two instances of the emulator. That's why it says that we need to enter other rmi registry port.

Nokia SDK 2.0 for Java and Nokia SDK 1.1 for Java both which use to work fine on my pc (windows 7 64bit prof os) along with jdk 1.6.0_27(32 bit) stopped working and started complaining for RMI Registry port after i updated the jdk to the latest version i.e. 1.6.0_45 (32 bit). I am aware of RMI Registry port issue with jdk 1.6.0_29 so i had used 1.6.0_27 but it seems the issue reappears with latest 1.6.0_45. Is it still open with 1.6.0_45? Can't nokia sdk provide a workaround else at least it must ask user which jdk they want to use to install nokia sdk, which i think will solve the problem. In that case i can have a older ver 1.6.0_27 installed and the nokia sdk will remain unaffected by any new version of jdk installed in the system. Note i had installed both 32 and 64 bit ver of 1.6.0_45 jdk and Nokia 1.1 and 2.0 SDK stopped working since then. Also there must be a option to change the jdk associated with Nokia sdk with post install too.

Nokia Developer Champion

Currently, the only way to fix those issues you are experiencing is following: uninstall whatever version of JDK you have and install 32bit JDK7u17. It's still available for download from Oracle:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...k-7u17-oth-JPR

Make sure that you use 32bit version of JDK, even if your PC is 64bit.

This solution worked for me,

- Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bits
    - JDK 7u17 (thanks mtron for the informations)
    - Nokia SDK 2.0 for Java

Regards

It worked for me too. I installed JDK 7u21 32 bit on my Windows 7 prof 64 bit.
    But it broke as soon as i installed JDK 7u21 64 bit. But its a big prob as i have many java programs which required 64 bit java.
    The best way Nokia SDK can resolve this problem is to ask user which jdk they want for installation. It will be even better if we can switch the jdk after installation.
    Both the above features are already implemented by oracle java me sdk ver 3.2.
    Also Nokia Web Developer Environment 2.3.0 is working fine even if you have JDK 7u21 64 bit installed.

hi, thank u.. its working for me too.
    btw, do u have any idea how to launch new application on nokia 6212 emulator.
    actually, i have run P2PExample project, but this application is not comin out in nokia6212 emulator.
    any idea

After reading about the new Asha 501 just yesterday, I thought "Yes! This is exactly what I've been waiting for." ... And then immediately bitten by this bug after installing the SDK? And it has been a reoccurring issue for years?? Honestly, most respectfully, I am not getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by jm4 View Post
    After reading about the new Asha 501 just yesterday, I thought "Yes! This is exactly what I've been waiting for." ... And then immediately bitten by this bug after installing the SDK? And it has been a reoccurring issue for years?? Honestly, most respectfully, I am not getting it.
    Hi dude,

the problem is the JDK, uninstall the problematic version will fix the problem.

This solution worked for me (again),

- Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bits
    - JDK 7u17 32bit (i586)
    - Nokia Asha SDK 1.0 (beta)
    - Nokia SDK 2.0 for Java

Regards

Downgrading the Java version is out of the question with known security issues in the wild - sorry, but I can't do that
    Last edited by jm4; 2013-05-10 at 18:31.

Nokia Developer Moderator

You may consider trying with the current version of Java 6.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    You may consider trying with the current version of Java 6.
    Good thinking, wait ... This yields the identical result as before, almost everything works - I can start eclipse, load and compile HelloWorld - except for the emulator which again complains about "RMI registry port 1099" and will refuse to run after loading the sdk DLL

Emulator command: C:\Nokia\Devices\Nokia_Asha_SDK_ ... ... .exe
    Creating New "Nokia Asha SDK 1.0" Instance ...
    Thread RUNSLoading SdkConfig.dll

Loaded
    Loading sdk.dll
    Loaded

---------------------------
    With Java SDK 7u17, the emulator indeed works as advertized - but then the Nokia/Eclipse IDE will not start. Netbeans still finds its way though, after some initial whining. Netbeans is quite solid in that respect.

Resolved after adjusting the $PATH env variable to include ... \jdk1.7.0_17\bin
    Everything works! I have a "HelloWorld" on an emulated Asha 501

Platform: Intel n450 / 1GB / Win7 Starter
    Last edited by jm4; 2013-05-11 at 11:56.

Already tried, Nokia SDK (1.1 & 2.0) does not work with latest JDK 1.6.0_45 32 bit on my windows 7 sp1 64 bit os.

After installing new Asha SDK 1.0 I have had the same issue with RMI port. I have Windows Pro 7 64 bit. I have removed Java 7 and now use 1.6.0_34.
    Once you remove JR 1.7 make sure it is not selected in Control Panel / Java and tab Java ->View->System. After removing reboot your system and then Nokia SDK 1.0 or 2.0 should
    launch ok.

64-bit Java is a problem, use the 32-bit variant of Java instead. In a 32-bit Windows:
    • Java 6 Update 29 is a problem, because …
    • Java 6 Update 45 and newer is a problem.
    • Java 7 Update 1 is a problem, because …
    • Java 7 Update 21 and newer is a problem
    Nokia SDK 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 and the new Asha work here with Java 7 Update 17 (1.7.0_17). Then, these emulators work. IDEs were never affected. Java 6 Update 43 (1.6.0_43) is not required additionally here. For me, using Java 6 in parallel with Java 7, created problem with the emulator of the 6th Edition (missing MSVCR71.dll). Nevertheless, Java 6 Update 43 is fine with all emulators which are newer than 6th Edition.

For those like me who are not that regularly in Windows:
    1. Start » Control Panel (» Programs) » Programs and Features » double-click Java 7 Update 21 to remove it
    2. Install Java 7 Update 17
    3. Start » Control Panel (» Programs) » Java » tab "Update" » untick "Check for Updates Automatically"
    4. Start » Internet Explorer » Tools » Manage add-ons » Java Plug-in » button at the lower right "Disable"
    Last edited by traud; 2014-03-08 at 13:12.

Its working fine with Java 7 Update 21 32 bit (Win 7 prof 64 bit OS), but if u install Java 7 Update 21 64 bit on top of it then it stops working. I recommend installing only 32 bit Java 7 Update 21 to work with Nokia SDK (1.0,1.1,2.0). But i am stuck as i need a 64 bit java runtime too to execute 64 bit java programs.