Discussion Board

JAR attached to sample works, compiled gives "authorisation failed"(SensorTestMidlet)

Hello everyone,

I downloaded SensorTestMidlet sample from Nokia sites. The provided JAR works fine on my test Nokia E52. When I build it from sources myself, I get "authorisation failed" error deploying it on a device, regardless if I self-sign it or not. When I try to debug my JAR it on emulator, I get error code -30475.

I think I'm missing something really basic. I would really appreciate any help, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by antonen; 2011-11-01 at 12:49.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: JAR attached to sample works, compiled gives "authorisation failed"(SensorTestMid

You are probably referring to the SensorTestMidlet found here:
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ues_in_Java_ME

I have compiled the source files, using Symbian Belle SDK and tested it on a E52 device running software released on the 2nd of April 2010. I got it running without problems.

Can you try to download the latest Symbian SDK and compile the app with that? Also by pressing *#0000# you can see the software running on your device and update it if necessary.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: JAR attached to sample works, compiled gives "authorisation failed"(SensorTestMid

quick debug hint: As you have a working MIDlet in addition to your non-working MIDlet, check if there are any differences in the manifest file (it is stored insider the MIDlet package, which is basically a renamed ZIP file).

Hartti

Thank you very much for the hints. So far I can't overcome some settings issue. I've installed SDK for Symbian Belle and when I try to build midlet, I get
    java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Nokia\devices\Nokia_Symbian_Belle_SDK_v0.6\lib\bin\preverify": CreateProcess error=2, Could not locate specified file at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start ProcessBuilder.java:1029).
    The path to preverify executable is set correct, but when I created new folder 'bin' in 'lib' copied preverify here, I got
    C:\Users\...\Documents\NetBeansProjects\SensorTestMIDlet\nbproject\build-impl.xml:483: Preverification failed with error code -1.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi antonen,

Symbian SDKs require additional software installation. Have you installed Oracle's JDK on your system? Detailed instructions on how to properly install a Symbian SDK on your system and how to integrate it with your IDE can be found here:

http://library.developer.nokia.com/i...C2D2937BC.html

Please be aware that there is currently an issue with Oracle's JDK and Nokia's SDK, so if you get an RMI registry port number error, try to select another version of the JDK. More info here:
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ry-port-number

Chronologically: I installed JDK SE 7 update 1, Netbeans 7, S60 3 FP2 SDK, then N97 SDK, Java ME SDK 3.0 (I guess not every one of them were necessary) and then Symbian Belle 0.6 SDK. After I replaced JDK 7 update 1 with JDK 6 u 29, I get the same error so I will do a clean install today or tomorrow and then see what happens. Do I get it right you advice me to install JDK 6u29, then Netbeans and then Symbian Belle SDK?

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi,

The link actually suggests not to use 7u29. Since there is no 7u28, the next available option is 7u27. You do not need to install multiple Nokia SDKs for this particular application. Just Belle should be enough.

This is the configuration of the system where I tested the application successfully:

JDK 7u21

Eclispse:
    Version: Helios Service Release 2
    Build id: 20110218-0911

Symbian Belle v0.6

After you install a Nokia SDK, do you actually integrate it to your IDE according to the link I provided in my previous post? Since you are using Netbeans you should specify which SDK should be used for the compilation, since there are currently many of them in your system. Right click on your project >Properties>Platform> in the Emulator Platform drop down you should see all the installed SDK. Select "Nokia Symbian Belle SDK v0.6".

after install as clean as possible problem solved. Hurray! Thank you very much indeed