Discussion Board

Question Restrict adding reviews in Nokia Store based on IMEI

Hi all,

I'd love to ask a questions and read your comments about it.

We all know that a lot of people may create fake accounts to add bad comments and reviews on a competitive application, and so you work hard on an application, and one person full of grudge keeps adding bad reviews over and over using the same mobile with different accounts; and imagine if this person has a couple of mobiles and every day adding 2 or 3 false bad reviews about your app, So

As a publisher: Do you think that adding review to your apps in Nokia Store must be restricted to reviewer's mobile IMEI rather than a reviewer free account?

Looking forward for your responses.

Best regards,
    Ashraf
    Nokia Asha applications [Price Point Policy] [Unlimited Updates] [Suggestions]: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Discussion/showthread.php?240423-Nokia-Asha-applications-Price-Point-Policy-Unlimited-Updates-Suggestions

Re: Restrict adding reviews in Nokia Store based on IMEI

I would rather do exactly the opposite, let more than one comment for the same account. Imagine that you have a version of an application that has some issues found by users. Most users leave comments when something doesn't work. But when they contact you or you fix the issue yourself they cannot change/add any positive comments any more. I would propose make some sort of monitoring system for comments and if one IMEI constantly generate negative comments/reviews than it could be at least debated and possibly removed. But restricting one comment for one IMEI is not a solution
    http://inmobisoft.com

Surely this is only an issue for free apps? For paid they'll have to give you a euro etc for each review.

I've got a few bad reviews telling people "DO NOT BUY" which I don't actually mind, the ones I do mind are the "DO NOT BUY" and then they make something up which is untrue like it doesn't work on an N8 just to make the app look really bad so people don't buy it. And there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

I recently also got "not working on n8". Then I posted a question on forums asking people to confirm this and had no confirmation. And that person even bought application just to post negative review. It's really sad developers cannot respond to reviews at all
    http://inmobisoft.com

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by pippo2010 View Post
    I recently also got "not working on n8". Then I posted a question on forums asking people to confirm this and had no confirmation. And that person even bought application just to post negative review. It's really sad developers cannot respond to reviews at all
    There is only one thing: buy a second phone or two, get two extra credit cards and get astroturfing.

Seriously, this is all you can do.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog